Director of Market Research & Competitive Intelligence - Veteran's Welcome
- Aug 30, 2017
- Healthcare : General Healthcare
Celgene is a global biopharmaceutical company leading the way in medical innovation to help patients live longer, better lives. Our purpose as a company is to discover and develop therapies that will change the course of human health. We value our passion for patients, quest for innovation, spirit of independence and love of challenge. With a presence in more than 70 countries - and growing - we look for talented people to grow our business, advance our science and contribute to our unique culture.
Working closely with the Brand Team, Cross Functional Partners (e.g., Reporting and Analytics, Business Analysis) as well as Global Marketing Insights; the Director, Market Research and Competitive Intelligence (MR&CI) will have the responsibility for leading a team and developing and aligning the MR&CI plan with the brand imperatives by identifying critical business questions; defining the information gaps; identifying and implementing the appropriate methodology to address those gaps; and integrate findings into the business.
The candidate needs must have an in-depth and up-to-date understanding of the marketplace(s) and industry to ensure the market research plans are adjusted accordingly. S/he will be responsible for analyzing and measuring business performance as well as recommending improvements.
This individual will lead the Oncology Business Insights & Analytics team for the US by managing a team while working closely with marketing and sales leadership, market access, global market insights, and other cross-functional team members to support the US commercial business.
Additional responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Responsible for leading and managing the development and advancement of the organizational capability related to Market Research and Competitive Intelligence
• Provide Timely CI reporting and alerts that will foster competitive readiness
• Partner with team members to continually learn and inspire others in the spirit of continuous improvement
• Responsible for creating the Hematology & Oncology market research strategy for the Franchise in alignment with overall brand strategy on an ongoing basis
• Work proactively with brand and cross functional teams to understand business questions/objectives, identify the information currently available, clearly define the gaps and articulate a proposed methodology and plan to deliver on these requirements
• Closely manage projects from inception to completion ensuring they remain within scope, budget, and desired timing
• Distill market research findings into key actionable insights and clearly communicate results across the organization
• Manage vendors and provide appropriate direction to maintain alignment of project objectives
• Develop a thorough understanding of the disease state, competitive products, and market dynamics
• Define Key Intelligence Topics and Questions (KITs and KIQs) that will support on going Competitive Intelligence Monitoring
• Partner with marketing, sales leadership, market access teams, etc., to provide strategic insights that inform forecasts and support development of strategies and tactics to help enhance perceptions and growth of the oncology business.
• Provide support the overall market analytics lead with the management of market research policies as well as some key processes for the overall team.
• Analyze primary and secondary data sources to provide insights to address key business questions and help develop a deeper understanding of market dynamics
• Helps understand the overall drivers/barriers to our products use and quantify market opportunities.
• Proven leadership capabilities to include influencing cross-functional partners in a variety of matrix settings as well as developing direct reports to progress along career ladders
• Team player working easily with a variety of functions, and possessing well developed follow-through capability to facilitate elevating department
• Fundamental understanding of US healthcare system, pharmaceutical industry, and of specialty markets (preferably Hematology and Oncology)
• Strong analytical and organizational skills combined with the ability to manage people and multiple projects simultaneously
• Excellent oral and written communication skills including presentation experience
• In-depth strategic thinking, analytical and creative problem solving skills
• BS/BA required; MBA and/or biological science degree preferred
• 10+ years of pharmaceutical market research/market analytics or forecasting experience
• Working knowledge of statistical analytical and market research techniques
• PC literate including Word, PowerPoint, and advanced Excel skills
• TRAVEL: Ability to travel to key internal and external meetings as well as Hematology & Oncology conventions and market research events throughout the year.
Celgene is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Celgene complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must have authorization to work for Celgene in the U.S.