- Aug 31, 2017
- Factory & Warehouse : General Factory & Warehouse
Manheim is hiring for a Production Supervisor job in Kent,WA
Job Number 1711497
Manheim, a Cox Automotive Brand, is currently looking for a Production Supervisor to join our team in Kent, Washington. If you love process improvement, working in a high energy environment, and you are ready for the next step in your career apply now!
This position assists the Shop Manager in managing and overseeing the daily operation of the shop, supervising shop employees and directing the work in an efficient and productive manner to meet required daily goals and Manheim’s quality and service standards when preparing vehicles for sale.
• Supervise the inspection of vehicles to ensure the required repairs and work is satisfactorily completed.
• Manage the workflow and activities of the shop employees to ensure that all vehicles are completed in a timely manner and in accordance with established Manheim quality standards.
• Monitor process and work with production employees to ensure SOP is being adhered too.
• Ensure employees have proper equipment and are properly trained in its use.
• Communicate, discuss and resolve reconditioning goals, results and problems with the Operations Manager.
• Responsible for ensuring all services are accounted for and appropriately charged against the vehicle.
• Assist manager in counseling and disciplining employees as necessary, monitoring and evaluating employee job performance, and conducting performance appraisals.
• Use PT Scanner, VCF and any management tool to track production and post charges.
• Effectively leads the team at the location by setting an example in behavior, championing Cox/Manheim values and ensuring that all employees are treated with respect.
• Monitor and control the use of supplies, materials and equipment for the recon shop and with approval of the department manager purchase equipment and supplies as necessary.
• Monitor and aide in ensuring established guidelines for a safe work environment are met to achieve compliance with OSHA and EPA regulations.
• Work with manager to review work volumes, plan and continuously monitor staffing levels to ensure efficiency, quality work product, and effective customer service; review departmental performance
• against key performance indicators and metrics and develop and execute strategies for improvement.
• Visibly demonstrate safety commitment by following all safety and health procedures and modeling the behaviors related to such. Work in cooperation with safety leadership in support of all safety activities aligned with Safety Excellence.
• Enforce all company policies and procedures related to employee and customer conduct.
• Perform other duties as assigned by manager. May be required to work overtime (more than 40 hours per week) as business needs dictate.
• High School Diploma or equivalent required.
• 2 – 5 years vehicle reconditioning, detailing, mechanical, and/or body shop experience required depending on the departmental specialty.
• Excellent people, teamwork and customer service skills.
• Strong communication and interaction skills required.
• Competent supervisory and excellent organizational skills required.
• Valid Driver’s License and good driving record required.
• Regularly required to stand, walk, reach, talk and hear. Frequently required to stoop, kneel, crouch, bend, squat and climb.
• Ability to lift 1-30 pounds (light hand tools, etc.) Manual dexterity, repetitive motion tasks. Vision abilities required include close, distance and color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
• Basic computer skills preferred.
What We Look For:
• Knowledge of OSHA and EPA regulations preferred
• Ability to drive vehicles with standard and automatic transmission.
About Cox Automotive
Cox Automotive Inc. is transforming the way the world buys, sells and owns cars with industry-leading digital marketing, software, financial, wholesale and e-commerce solutions for consumers, dealers, manufacturers and the overall automotive ecosystem worldwide. Committed to open choice and dedicated to strong partnerships, the Cox Automotive family includes Autotrader®, Dealer dot com®, Dealertrack®, Kelley Blue Book®, Manheim®, NextGear Capital®, vAuto®, Xtime® and a host of other brands. The global company has 33,000 team members in more than 200 locations and is partner to more than 40,000 auto dealers, as well as most major automobile manufacturers, while engaging U.S. consumer car buyers with the most recognized media brands in the industry. Cox Automotive is a subsidiary of Cox Enterprises Inc., an Atlanta-based company with revenues of $18 billion and approximately 60,000 employees. Cox Enterprises’ other major operating subsidiaries include Cox Communications and Cox Media Group.