- San Antonio,TX
- Aug 31, 2017
- Factory & Warehouse : General Factory & Warehouse
4600 Goldfield - San Antonio, Texas, 78218
Southwestern Motor Transport is hiring for a Dock Supervisor job in San Antonio,TX
Location: San Antonio, TX
Below is the general description of the work performed by the Dock Supervisor and this information does not completely list all job functions, tasks, and responsibilities required. The Dock Supervisor may be required to perform other duties as assigned to him/her. SMT Lines expects the dock Supervisor to abide by policies and procedures set forth by the company, and he/she is expected to promote teamwork and cooperation. Regular, prompt attendance, and efficient and timely completion of tasks is expected.
Requirements for Job:
- Minimum of 5 years experience in dock position
- Minimum of 2 years forklift operating experience is preferred
- Minimum of 3 years data entry experience in the freight industry
- Basic management skills in order to manage the workload of a team of dock workers
- Knowledge of the city and surrounding area preferred
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Manage and supervise a team of dock workers efficiently
- Loading/Unloading trailers
- Maintain cleanliness of work space and warehouse
- Maintain safety guidelines and company procedures at all times
Essential Physical Requirements:
- Must be able to perform various physical activities to include frequent walking, standing, stooping, kneeling, climbing, and overhead work.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs
- Must be physically capable to operate all applicable company equipment safely.
- Flexible work week - 7 days
- Competitive pay
- Health, Dental, Vision and Life insurance
- Company Sponsored 401K Plan
- PTO & Paid Holidays
- Direct Deposit of your payroll and free checking account through Frost Bank
SMT Lines offers a competitive compensation and benefits package in the transportation industry; these include medical, dental, vision, life, and more, including a 401(k) plan. We value diversity in our workforce and provide an equal opportunity to all applicants as well as current employees. Employment will require a criminal background check as well as a physical and drug screening.
San Antonio, TX 78218
(800) 533-1071 Ext 2348
In 1930, Roy Gilbert Sr. started Gilbert Truck Line in Cotulla, TX with one used truck serving San Antonio, TX to Cotulla, TX. During 1940, He was able to secure authority to serve Laredo and the Mexican border. Through the 1940’s, the fleet grew to about 50 pieces of equipment. In 1950, Mr. Gilbert purchased Southwestern Motor Transport Inc., and merged the two companies. This brought the fleet to just over 100 units.