Billing Representative - Sacramento, CA or Phoenix, AZ - Veteran's Welcome
- Sep 01, 2017
- Healthcare : General Healthcare
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making Healthcare data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.
This function is responsible for medical and ancillary product premium billing. Positions in this function interact with customers gathering support data to ensure invoice accuracy and also work through specific billing discrepancies. Provide input to policies, systems, methods, and procedures for the effective management and control of the premium billing function. Educate customers regarding the availability of receiving invoices and remitting payments through online applications. Monitor outstanding balances and take appropriate actions to ensure clients pay as billed. Manage the preparation of invoices and complete reconciliation of billing with accounts receivables. May also include quality assurance and audit of billing activities.
Positions mainly responsible for more general A / R activities which do not include medical and ancillary premium billing activities can be found in the accounts receivable function in the finance job family. Employees in jobs labeled with SCA must support a government Service Contract Act (SCA) agreement.
- High School Diploma / GED or 10+ years of equivalent working experience
- 1+ years of customer service experience or 1+ years of experience in an office setting environment, call center setting or phone support role
- Demonstrated ability in using computer and Windows PC applications, which includes strong keyboard and navigation skills and learning new computer programs
- Successful completion of the UnitedHealth Group new hire training and demonstrated proficiency required
- 2+ year of billing or collections experience preferred
- Healthcare billing / collections related experience
- Inpatient and outpatient billing, claims editing and submissions experience
- Knowledge of Medicare billing regulations and requirements including claim submission, claims follow-up, appeals process
- UB92 and 1500 bill forms and filing requirements
- Knowledge of managed care and commercial insurance / self-pay regulations
Consistent attendance with ability to meet work schedule including the required training period
- Ability to multi-task
Physical Requirements and Work Environment:
Frequent speaking, listening using a headset, sitting, use of hands / fingers across keyboard or mouse, handling other objects, long periods working at a computer
Service center environment with moderate noise level due to Representatives talking, computers, printers, and floor activity
Careers with OptumInsight. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the Healthcare industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: Phoenix AZ, Sacramento CA, Optum360, Medical Collections, customer service, call center, managed care, commercial insurance, self-pay regulations, UB92 1500 bill forms