Sales Support Specialist - Indianapolis, IN (Job Fair) - Veteran's Welcome
- Sep 01, 2017
- Healthcare : General Healthcare
Thursday, October 5th, 2017 from 12pm to 6pm
Friday, October 6th, 2017 from 10am to 3pm
UnitedHealth Group Building
7440 Woodland Drive
Indianapolis, IN 46278
Life moves fast, don't get left behind. Training classes start soon; apply now before it's too late!
If helping others is second nature to you, bring your passion for providing exceptional service to UnitedHealth Group. This position is a great first step in an opportunity to transition to a sales career while watching your contributions help our business grow. You would assist customers with purchasing products that are greatly improving their lives. Performance leads to success and your life's best work. SM
As a Sales Support Specialist, you will receive inbound phone calls from customers asking about our insurance products. You will assist in answering their questions, finding product(s) to fit their individual need(s) and helping them to complete the enrollment process. You will be responsible for working directly with inbound sales leads during annual open enrollment and other high call volume periods throughout the year. This "all hands on deck" philosophy allows us to serve our customers better while allowing you to gain valuable sales experience.
This position is full-time (40 hours/week) with several shifts available during our hours of operation. It may be necessary, given the business need, to work occasional overtime. Hours of operation are Monday - Thursday (8:00 a.m. -9:00 p.m.), Friday (8:00 a.m.-7:00 p.m.), and Saturday (9:00 a.m. -3:00 p.m.)
During training, new employees are placed on an (8:00 a.m.-4:45 p.m.) shift. After successful completion of training, new employees will select from available shift options, keeping in mind our focus to support a work-life balance. Our office is located at 7440 Woodland Drive, Indianapolis, IN 46278.
What are the reasons to consider working for UnitedHealth Group? Put it all together - competitive base pay, a full and comprehensive benefit program, exceptional training program, performance rewards, and a management team who demonstrates their commitment to your success. Some of our offerings include:
- Paid Time Off which you start to accrue with your first pay period plus 8 Paid Holidays
- Medical Plan options along with participation in a Health Spending Account or a Health Saving account
- Dental, Vision, Life& AD&D Insurance along with Short-term disability and Long-Term Disability coverage
- 401(k) Savings Plan, Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Education Reimbursement
- Assistance Plan
- Employee Discounts
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Voluntary Benefits (pet insurance, legal insurance, LTC Insurance, etc.)
- More information can be downloaded at:
- Handle customer inquiries regarding health and supplementary products including answering plan questions, providing enrollment support, as well as making follow up calls to new and existing customers
- Data entry in order to update our internal database with customer information
- Conduct outbound calls to prospective customers to pre-screen sales leads before handing off to the Inside Sales Product Advisors
- When applicable, assist the sales lead by providing a quote to the customer
- At least one year of customer service or sales experience
- A minimum education level of a high school diploma or GED; OR ten years of equivalent work experience
- State health/life license is not required when hired. However, hired individuals must obtain the necessary state health/life licensing within 30 days of employment. This expense will be covered by the company.
- Demonstrated ability in using computer and Windows PC applications including Microsoft Word and Excel, which includes strong keyboard and navigation skills and learning new computer programs
- Ability to work regularly scheduled shifts within our hours of operation including the training period
There are several steps in our hiring process - it's a thorough process because we want to ensure the best job and culture fit for you and for us. In today's ultra-competitive job market, the importance of putting your best foot forward is more important than ever. And you can start by completing all required sections of your application. (i.e. profile, history, certifications and application/job questions). Once you submit your resume, you'll receive an email with next steps. This may include a link for an online pre-screening test that we ask you to complete as part of our selection process. You may also be asked to complete a digital video interview, but we will offer full instructions and tips to help you. After you have completed all of these steps, you can check on the status of your application at any time; however you will also be notified via e-mail when there are any updates to your status.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: customer service representative, customer service, UnitedHealth Group, call center, UnitedHealthcare, health care, office, phone support, training class, sales