Behavioral Health Care Advocate - Assess and Triage - San Francisco, CA - Veteran's Welcome
- San Francisco,CA
- Sep 01, 2017
- Healthcare : General Healthcare
You're looking for something bigger for your career. How about inventing the future of health care? UnitedHealthcare is offering an innovative new standard for care management. We're going beyond counseling services and verified referrals to behavioral health programs integrated across the entire continuum of care. Our growth is fueling the need for highly qualified professionals to join our elite team. Bring your skills and talents to a role where you'll have the opportunity to make an impact on a huge scale. Join us. Take this opportunity to start doing your life's best work.(sm)
As an Assess and Triage Care Advocate you will be responsible for case management and utilization review of behavioral health and substance abuse cases. You'll have a direct impact on the lives of our members as you recommend and manage the appropriate level of care throughout the entire treatment plan.
What makes your clinical career greater with UnitedHealth Group? You can improve the health of others and help heal the health care system. You will work within an incredible team culture; a clinical and business collaboration that is learning and evolving every day. And, when you contribute, you'll open doors for yourself that simply do not exist in any other organization, anywhere.
***This position offers a $3,000 Sign - On Bonus!!!***
Focus on initial inpatient admission for psychiatric and chemical dependency patients
Make patient assessments and determining appropriate levels of care
Obtain information from providers on outpatient requests for treatment
Determine if additional clinical treatment sessions are needed
Administer benefits and review treatment plans
Coordinate benefits and transitions between various areas of care
Identify ways to add value to treatment plans and consulting with facility staff or outpatient care providers on those ideas
- Licensed Master's degree in Psychology, Social Work, Counseling or Marriage or Family Counseling, or Licensed Ph.D., or an RN with 2 or more years of experience in behavioral health
- Licenses must be active and unrestricted in the state of California
- 2+ years post - Masters experience in a related mental health environment
- Proficient Microsoft skills (Word, Excel, Outlook) with the ability to use multiple screens and type and talk simultaneously
- Must live within a commutable distance of our San Francisco office location
- Experience in an inpatient setting
- Dual diagnosis experience with mental health and substance abuse
- Experience working in an environment that required coordination of benefits and utilization of multiple groups and resources for patients
- Previous experience in a managed care environment
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job keywords: case manager, care advocate, social worker, therapist, counselor, mental health, behavioral health, managed care, substance abuse, inpatient, LP, LCSW, MFT, LPCC, RN, registered nurse, San Francisco, CA, California