HRMS Technical Lead
- Sep 01, 2017
- Healthcare : General Healthcare
The HRMS Technical Lead is a senior technologist who has taken on a leadership role within the department. This position is responsible for managing projects, developing end user training programs for PeopleSoft and business processes, and testing new enhancements and modifications to link site for HR technology.
Accountable for ensuring compliance with company rules, standards & data integrity for employment-related HR transactions.Serves as champion of HRMS Technology for company-wide application development, end user support and application training.Develops and delivers effective business reporting tools.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Leads project teams to achieve objectives and also the development of functional strategy.
- Plans, researches, analyze designs and maintain information systems in support of human resource administration and projects.
- Monitors HR information needs and designs new or modifies existing systems to meet changing requirements.
- Is recognized as an expert within the HRMS team, and works collaboratively with other departments with minimal supervision.
- Anticipates internal and/or external business challenges and/or regulatory issues; recommends process, product or service improvements.
- Solves unique and complex problems that have a broad impact on the business.
- Develops best practices and standards which will be followed by the departments technologists.
- Maintains a strong connection to industry trends through research, networking, and conferences, thus ensuring that Erickson continues to stay abreast of industry progress and emerging technologies.
- Builds relationships with external parties (peer organizations, consultants, vendors) from whom Erickson can learn.
- Provides consulting assistance to members of the HRMS team on difficult design, troubleshooting, or product selection tasks.
- Facilitates technical knowledge sharing with the HRMS team.
- Continuously mentors members of the department to improve their technical skills.
- Functions as a peer leader for the departments technologists, helping to create a culture of excellence.
- Responds and resolves 2nd-tier technical help desk inquiries. Provides consultative end user transaction processing guidance. Tracks and reports on overall quantity and type of help desk requests and resolutions. Identifies and reports findings of end user needs/issues. Initiates efforts and procedures to maintain data integrity, troubleshoot and recommend solutions. Analyzes and troubleshoots technical issues for all PeopleSoft and HR applications.
- Solicits feedback and identifies overall needs of PeopleSoft end users.
- Establishes and maintains up-to-date HRMS functional departmental documentation, standard operating procedures, as well a comprehensive HRMS reports library. Develops and maintains standard HRMS policies, procedures, and service protocols.
- Acts as a liaison between the functional group and IT group. Participates in the application development process to include documentation, needs assessments, testing of new reports, processes, etc. and provides testing results to appropriate resources.
- Develops, updates, and modifies codes, tables, reports, and other system applications for standardization. Prepares business reporting data for statistical and trending analysis.
- Works on special projects as a team member representing the HRMS function.
- Creates ad-hoc reports with varying levels of complexity as requested, partnering with HR professionals and/or the business in the development of the insightful data analysis.
- Participates on HRMS implementation project teams to participate in business requirement gathering, business process review, testing, documentation and communication.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Working knowledge of the Peoplesoft HRMS software application/product.
- Proficiency using PeopleSoft Query Manager or an equivalent report writing or query writing tool.
- Prior technical or HR experience supporting and using relational databases.
- Advanced PC skills, including spreadsheet and database design.
- Ability to troubleshoot and solve technical problems.
- Understanding of all HR disciplines.
- Strong customer service focus.
- Temperament to work under pressure in a demanding and changing environment.
- Willingness and enthusiasm to master new software products and releases.
- Good organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to manage priorities, working both independently and within a team
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Requires an AA/AS degree in computer related field plus two years relevant experience - -ORBA/BS degree in Computer Science or related discipline - - ORCombination of education and experience that enables performance in all aspects of the position.