Travel Medical Surgical Nurse - (MS RN)
- Sep 01, 2017
- Healthcare : Registered Nurse (RN)
12947957 Job Description & Requirements
Medical Surgical Nurse - (MS RN)
StartDate: ASAP Available Shifts: 12 N Pay Rate: $27.00 - 29.00
As a top provider of care to their community, this Medical Surgical (MS) unit prides itself on optimal patient outcomes with compassionate care. This unit takes care of a wide range of patients, from pediatric to geriatric patients affected by respiratory, cardiac, GI, metabolic, post surgery, orthopedic, and infectious disease conditions. This role is perfect for passionate MS RN caregivers who want to experience cutting edge technologies and top notch patient care models.
- 200 bed community hospital
- Town of 34K in southeastern NM, along the NM/TX border. About 100m each from Odessa and Lubbock
Often referred to as the backbone of adult-care facilities, medical-surgical nurses are responsible for all adult patients receiving medical or surgical care. The med-surg RN typically works in the following settings:
- Outpatient facilities
- Home care
- Urgent care
- Long-term care Because they generally care for a large amount of patients at any given time, medical-surgical nurses face a wide variety of health conditions
- Current NM or Compact license
- Hospital does occassionally have Pedi patients mixed into MedSurg. They do ask that traveler be willing to get PALS within 60 days of start if they don't have it upfront.
The Soaring Society of America was founded in 1932 in Hobbs, NM. One of the functions of the SSA is flight training and safety. Hobbs is also home to the Zia Park thoroughbred and quarter- horse racetrack, as well as the Black Gold Casino. Hobbs is also the birthplace of Cleveland Browns quarterback, Colt McCoy. The motto for the city of Hobbs: "It all Happens Here".
Onward Healthcare's travel nursing assignments typically last 13 weeks, and include:
- Competitive pay rates and comprehensive benefits
- Medical plans with dental and vision
- Complimentary, high-quality private housing
- 401(k) and flex spending options
- Life insurance
- Accident and short-term disability coverage
- Free continuing education (CE) courses
- Travel allowances
- Guaranteed pay program
- Tuition discount program
- Referral bonuses
About the Company
Onward Healthcare, an AMN Healthcare company, is a travel nursing company dedicated to moving our nurses careers "onward and upward." Our team of expert recruiters connect clinicians with exclusive travel nursing opportunities at the nation's top hospitals and healthcare facilities. Onward's nursing assignments are part of a larger, comprehensive RN career development and consultation service. Onward/AMN Healthcare is an EEO/AA/Disability/Protected Veteran Employer.
Medical surgery nurse, medical surgery RN, med surg nurse, med surg RN, patient care, nurse, nursing, RN, R.N., registered nurse, healthcare, health care, hospital