Direct Care Staff
- Sep 01, 2017
- Healthcare : Direct Care Staff
Substitute; Manual Labor
Job Duties: Assist adults with disabilities with everyday living. Tasks include things like cooking, cleaning, shopping, issuing medications, outings, personal care and more.
- Ensure that all needs..medical, health, safety, social, etc... of clients are met.
- Provide quality care by teaching and assisting clients with Activities of Daily Living, such as cooking, grooming, personal hygiene, money management, housekeeping, and medication administration. These functions may be performed at home, day program, in the community, etc.
- Assist clients in developing appropriate social skills such as communicating with others, participating in activities, and practicing good manners.
- Assist clients to effectively deal with matters such as personal problems, personal values, job responsibilities, etc.
- Provide supervision and guidance as outlined in clients' Individualized Service Plans.
- Administer medications to clients upon successful completion of medication training and annual medication practicums thereafter.
- Schedule social and recreational activities.
- Transport or assist with the transportation of clients to various appointments, community activities, day program, etc. as a group or on a one-to-one basis.
- Attend day program with clients, if required.
- Assist in maintaining the Community Home in good condition and in accordance with applicable fire and safety rules and regulations.
- Assist clients in managing their individual funds within their budgetary guidelines.
- Document daily all necessary information, including, but not limited to, "happenings" during the work shift, client progress/incidents, medication administration, etc., to ensure smooth communication between shifts and compliance with Agency, legal, regulatory, licensing, and any other requirements.
- Drive/operate various Agency vehicles as required.
- Comply with confidentiality policies and procedures, including, but not limited to the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act.
Requirements for employment :
- Must have a valid driver's license and proof of auto insurance
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must be able to lift 200lbs with assistance
- Must be able to obtain clearances and pass a background check
Start your rewarding career today!
Click the "Apply Now" button to complete an online application now!
Requisition ID: 1947
Please call 724-283-1010 with any questions or to schedule an interview.