Shipping and Receiving Clerk
- Sep 01, 2017
- Factory & Warehouse : General Factory & Warehouse
Allied Staffing is hiring for a Shipping and Receiving Clerk job in Olathe,KS
Location: Olathe, KS 66061
Pay rate: $11.00/hr
1st Shift: 6:00am-2:45pm Monday-Friday
2nd Shift: 2:00pm-12:45 am Monday-Friday
We are willing to train the right candidate!
Summary: This person will receive, store, and distribute materials, tools, equipment, and products within establishments including inbound, outbound, domestic and international UPS/freight orders by performing the following duties:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Reads production schedule, customer order, work order, shipping order, or requisition to determine items to be moved, gathered, or distributed.
- Conveys materials and items from receiving or production areas to storage or to other designated areas.
- Sorts and places materials or items on racks, shelves, or in bins according to predetermined sequence such as size, type, style, color, or product code.
- Fills requisitions, work orders, or requests for materials, tools, or other stock items and distributes items to production workers or assembly line.
- Assembles customer orders from stock and places orders on pallets or shelves, or conveys orders to packing station or shipping department.
- Marks materials with identifying information.
- Opens bales, crates, and other containers.
- Records amounts of materials or items received or distributed.
- Weighs or counts items for distribution within plant to ensure conformance to company standards.
- Arranges stock parts in specified sequence for assembly by other workers.
- Uses computer to enter records.
- Compiles worksheets or tickets from customer specifications.
- Drives motorized forklift to transport stored items from warehouse to plant or to pick up items from several locations for shipment.
- Prepares parcels for mailing.
- Maintain Shipping/Receiving area
- Observe all safety and security procedures for assigned area. Uses equipment and materials properly and reports potentially unsafe conditions to management. Personal safety actions will be accountable in performance review.
- Other duties may be assigned.
Education and/or Experience:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- OR 1-3 months related experience and/or training
- OR equivalent combination of education and experience
- Shipping/Receiving experience is preferred but not required
- Must have consistent, long term job history to be considered
- Must be able to have good attendance
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs or more
- Must have good attention to detail
- Must have steel toed boots/shoes
Click the "Apply Now" button to complete an online application now!
For additional information, call us at the number listed above this posting.
Since 1966 Allied Staffing has provided hiring solutions for manufacturers, warehouses and other employers in Kansas City and the surrounding areas.
Our specialty is in finding reliable, hard-working temporary and full-time employees to help organizations improve productivity, manage labor expenses, and get more work done.
Over the years, we have grown to become one of the area’s largest specialized staffing services, and today we provide strategic and tactical workforce management solutions to our clients.