BJ Services - Managing Driving Risk Coach
- Sep 02, 2017
- Government : Military
Headquartered in Tomball, Texas, BJ Services is the largest North American-focused, pure-play pressure pumping services provider. BJ Services provides hydraulic fracturing and cementing services to leading upstream oil and gas companies engaged in the exploration and production of North American oil and natural gas resources. We operate field locations serving all major North American oil and natural gas shale basins. Our shared culture is built by an unwavering pursuit for perfecting operational execution in the oilfield.
JOB PURPOSE: The Managing Driving Risks program is designed to enhance driver awareness and to build on strategies to eliminate or minimize risk. We look to change behavior and attitude, and enable our employees to be as proactive as possible while driving. We encourage strengths and help them correct weaknesses.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Provide driver coaching on all known road conditions; steep grades, ice, snow, mud, gravel, lease roads, highway, and night.
- Coordinate, plan, and conduct driver coaching and documents evaluations.
- Determine employees driving abilities and competency. Conduct employee assessments to develop and when required communicate a development plan for current or new hire employees with management.
- Have thorough knowledge of transportation policies.
- Provide classroom based training.
- All other duties assigned
WORK ENVIRONMENT / PHYSICAL ABILITIES:
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts and outside weather conditions. The employee is regularly exposed to fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; risk of electrical shock and vibration. The noise level in the environment is moderate to loud.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to stand, sit and walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms, lift up-to to 50 pounds. Occasionally required to climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk, hear and smell; lift more than 100 pounds. The vision requirements include: close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
QUALIFICATIONS - EDUCATION, SKILLS, ABILITIES, EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Class A driver's license is preferred but not required.
- Satisfactory driver's abstract required.
- Heavy haul or unique driving experience is a plus.
- Field and classroom facilitation experience is a plus.
- Strong initiative and coaching capability with a willingness to share knowledge.
- A energetic, self-starter with the ability to work in a structured environment during long hours of coaching drivers.
- Flexible work schedule (mostly Monday - Friday, with up to 25 percent travel required).
- Must have strong emphasis on safety policies and procedures.
- Working knowledge of Excel, Outlook and word is preferred.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:
BJ Services provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, BJ Services complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.