Nurse (Part-Time)- Shrewsbury, MA
- Sep 02, 2017
- Government : Military
Are you motivated by knowing you've made a difference in someone's life and in our community? Do you have a passion for giving back to service members and veterans? If you answered yes to either of these questions then you may have what it takes to be part of the Veterans Inc. team!
Veterans Inc., a 501(c)3 non-profit, is the largest provider of supportive services to veterans and their families across New England. We are looking for experienced addiction treatment professionals for our new behavioral health program, Independence Hall. Independence Hall offers a continuum of care, including inpatient treatment services, intensive outpatient programming, and outpatient counseling, to assist individuals in achieving their recovery goals. We are looking for innovative staff for our newly licensed inpatient clinical stabilization services program, which specializes in military service members and veterans. At Independence Hall we provide client-centered care and recovery-oriented treatment within a therapeutic environment. The qualified candidate must be a team player, a creative problem solver, and have a passion for helping others. Veterans are encouraged to apply but veteran status is not a requirement.
This position is responsible for conducting nursing and medication assessments for clients at admission, overseeing the dispensing of medication, monitoring patient health progress, delivering health education groups, and providing case management services. This position would be under the general supervision of the Program Director and Medical Director.
This individual would be based out of the 59 South Street, Shrewsbury, MA 01545 location. The schedule for this position is as follows, Tuesday through Saturday 8:00am to 12:00pm. The hourly rate $35.00 and is nonnegotiable. This position does not include benefits with an exception to sick leave.
Must be able to pass a CORI and background check. Must be able to start within two weeks of receiving a job offer.
Veterans Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Diversity is valued, and welcomed, on all levels within the organization!
- Oversees the health and nursing care of clients within an inpatient substance abuse treatment program while monitoring their progress towards treatment goals.
- Coordinates patient's care to assure procedures, treatments, transfers, and/or referrals are completed in a timely manner, encompassing standards of clinical nursing practice and Veterans Inc. policies.
- Provides medication education and administers medications as ordered by the Medical Director and maintains accurate accounting of all medication received and dispensed.
- Responsible for safekeeping of all medication stock and the records required by the DEA, FDA, and Board of Pharmacy.
- Collects and processes urine specimens as needed. Reads test results as ordered by the Medical Director and ensures the completion of all forms involved in these procedures. Utilizes critical thinking and problem solving ability on a routine basis to facilitate safe and efficient operations for the patient care experience.
- Identifies and prioritizes individualized needs based on assessment.
- Works as a member of an interdisciplinary team to provide substance abuse treatment to patients enrolled in the program.
- Consistently performs nursing skills according to standards of clinical nursing practice.
- Maintains professional standards and follows the treatment policies of the organization as well as Federal and State laws and regulations.
- Attends and participates in all meetings as required.
- Other duties and special projects as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to understand, communicate and follow Veterans Inc. policies and procedures.
- Ability to work with clients with diverse backgrounds.
- Must have strong interpersonal, clinical and social skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively, using tact and diplomacy.
- Ability to demonstrate empathy and respect towards clients.
- Competency in advocacy, professional responsibility, mentoring and recovery support.
- Ability to speak, read, understand and write in English.
- Ability to multitask, problem solve, prioritize and work in a setting with a high degree of interruptions.
- Must display the use of appropriate independent judgment to determine appropriate course of action in resolving problems and in emergencies.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Must have strong computer skills with intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Must be able to work independently and as a member of a treatment team.
- Ability to maintain acceptable attendance and punctuality.
- Ability to give presentations to small groups.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Minimum of Associate's degree in Nursing required.
- Must have current RN Nursing license issued by the Massachusetts Board of Registration.
- Must have a minimum of five (5) years of successful recovery, if applicable.
- Must be able to successfully pass a CORI/Background records check.
- Must be willing to submit to and successfully pass a drug test.
- Bachelor's degree in Nursing highly valued.
- Minimum of one year nursing experience preferred. Experience providing nursing care within a substance abuse treatment setting highly valued.
- Demonstrated knowledge of military culture, experience working with veteran population and an understanding of veterans-related needs and issues preferred.
- Analytical skills
- Negotiation Skills
- Verbal & Written communication
- Confidential interactions
- Concentration and critical thinking
- Vision Ability to be able to see in the normal range with or without correction.
- Hearing Ability to hear within normal audio range, with or without correction.
- Walking: Frequency - Frequently
- Driving: Frequently - Must have valid driver's license and reliable transportation.
- Sitting: Frequency - Occasionally
- Standing: Frequency - Occasionally
- Lifting: 50 lbs., Frequency: Occasionally
- Carrying 20 lbs., Frequency: Occasionally
- Office: Frequency Often
- Outside: Frequency Occasionally
- The worker is not substantially exposed to adverse or hazardous environmental conditions.
For more information, or to apply now; visit our website. Please do not mail, email, or fax your cover letter/resume to us as we only accept applications through our website. Mailed, emailed, or faxed cover letter, resume, and applications will not be reviewed nor considered!
If you need assistance completing an application please contact email@example.com. Emails regarding application status will not be returned
No Recruiters Please!
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.