Sr.Technical Support Engineer
- Sep 02, 2017
- Government : Military
Job Title: Technical Support Engineer
Location: Morrisville, NC
Duration: 6 Months
Shift hours are Monday - Friday 8AM - 5PM or 9AM - 6PM
Client customer base is rapidly expanding and as a result were are growing our Center of Excellence. We are looking for great Senior Technical Support Engineers to join our team. Technical Support Engineers respond to, resolve, and handle technical support calls ranging from basic user questions to issues requiring in-depth technical and problem solving skills. As needed, they effectively engage and team with product engineering to expedite problem resolution. They deliver the highest levels of customer service and customer satisfaction for enterprise IT customers
1. 7+ years' experience troubleshooting IT infrastructure technologies such as servers, networking, and storage software and hardware.
2. 7+ years' experience working in a customer-facing support role dealing with enterprise IT customers.
3. Bachelor's degree or equivalent industry experience.
4. Hands on experience debugging systems.
1. Excellent customer communication skills via phone, email, chat. Ability to handle critical customer issues with confidence.
2. Advance experience with network troubleshooting, packet capture and analysis, good understanding of layer 2/3 protocols.
3. Experienced with VMware technologies - VMware Certified Professional preferred.
4. Experience with storage architecture and related technologies.
5. OS and System Administration experience with Linux.
6. VMware VCAP or equivalent experience
7. Advanced VMware knowledge
8. Networking (DVS Management & Migrations)
9. vCenter administration (HA/DRS/SSO/Webclient/Services)
10. Storage (NFS/iSCSI/FC setup and troubleshooting) Solutions
12. Experience with business continuity
13. Horizon View VDI
14. Citrix XenDesktop VDI
15. Cisco UCSM and UCS Director
16. VMware VRA
19. Ability and desire to quickly learn new technologies and products.
20. Good writing skills to create knowledgebase articles, case documentation, and escalations to engineering.
1. Experience with Salesforce.com CRM & Case Management.
2. Experience with WebEx and remote troubleshooting.
1. Demonstrated creative, critical thinking and troubleshooting skills.
2. Highly professional, with the ability to deliver excellent work on tight schedules.
3. Excellent collaborative skills.
4. Strong verbal and written communication skills. Able to communicate with peers and management.
5. High professional standards - strong motivation for individual and organization success.
6. Results oriented.
7. Process driven.
8. Pragmatic: able to analyze trade-offs and prioritize tasks in order to achieve goals.
9. Team player.