BJ Services - Operator
- Sep 02, 2017
- Government : Military
Headquartered in Tomball, Texas, BJ Services is the largest North American-focused, pure-play pressure pumping services provider. BJ Services provides hydraulic fracturing and cementing services to leading upstream oil and gas companies engaged in the exploration and production of North American oil and natural gas resources. We operate field locations serving all major North American oil and natural gas shale basins. Our shared culture is built by an unwavering pursuit for perfecting operational execution in the oilfield.
JOB PURPOSE: The Operator-Fracturing is an entry level position within Fracturing field operations and is considered a training position for future Field Operator positions. The Operator in Training-Fracturing will be responsible for learning how to drive, operate, and maintain Fracturing Services equipment such as the Iron Truck, Sand Truck, Belt Assist Sand Storage (BASS) and Auxiliary Sand Trucks and Equipment.
Clarksburg, West Virginia
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for learning and identifying all pieces of treating iron for fracturing jobs (i.e. floppers, check valves, dart valves, 2x1 valves, suction manifolds, hoses, etc), and applying acquired knowledge in the field.
- Learns how to drive and operate BJ Services Fracturing trucks and equipment; progresses to independently driving Iron, Sand, BASS and Auxiliary Sand trucks
- Assists in performing emergency roadside repairs as required
- Assists Field Operators and Supervisors with rigging in / out fracturing equipment for service
- Lifts, carries and moves iron pipes and fracturing equipment to / from trucks and well site
- Assembles and disassembles iron and fracturing pieces
- Monitors and manipulates sand control gauges, transfer belt controls, valves, and other hydraulic equipment to control sand flow to Blender
- Increase or decrease flow speed as needed
- Maintains truck and equipment to BJ Services standards, and ensures all equipment, including personal protective equipment, is in proper working order.
- Inspects truck equipment and supplies such as tires, lights, brakes, gas, oil, and water pre-and post-trip
- Learns and assists Field Operators and Supervisors with performing routine maintenance on fracturing equipment (i.e. quarterly maintenance inspections, 200 & 400 hour inspections and services on trucks and equipment).
- Learns and is responsible for completing required paperwork and submitting it to the appropriate parties accurately and on time (i.e. fuel log report, timesheets and log books, maintenance reports, month-end expense reports, trip permits, etc).
- Maintains BJ Services Safety Standards always: shop, yard, location and while traveling.
- Reports all hazards or potentially hazardous situations, accidents, incidents and injuries immediately to supervisor.
- Attends weekly Safety Meetings.
- All other duties assigned
WORK ENVIRONMENT / PHYSICAL ABILITIES
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts and outside weather conditions. The employee is regularly exposed to fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; risk of electrical shock and vibration. The noise level in the environment is moderate to loud.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to stand, sit and walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms, lift up-to to 50 pounds. Occasionally required to climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk, hear and smell; lift more than 100 pounds. The vision requirements include: close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Commercial Driver License (CDL) Permit
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work as part of a team; strong sense of teamwork
- Problem recognition and solving skills
- Highly safety conscious
- Highly motivated and a strong desire to learn
- Ability to work a work schedule of 15 days on, 6 days off, and travel up to 100%
PREFERRED - EDUCATION, SKILLS, ABILITIES, EXPERIENCE:
- CDL License, Class A
- Hazmat Endorsement
- Familiarity with oilfield terminology and equipment a plus
- Working knowledge of Emergency Response Plans, Location and use of all required safety equipment, Firefighting and hydrogen sulfide beneficial
- Familiarity with Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS), Transport of Dangerous Goods (TDG), and Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:
BJ Services provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, BJ Services complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.