Cook (Part-Time Weekends)- Shrewsbury, MA
- Sep 02, 2017
- Government : Military
Are you motivated by knowing you've made a difference in someone's life and in our community? Do you have a passion for giving back to service members and veterans? If you answered yes to either of these questions then you may have what it takes to be part of the Veterans Inc. team!
Veterans Inc., a 501(c)3 non-profit, is the largest provider of supportive services to veterans and their families across New England. We are looking for experienced Cook for our new behavioral health program, Independence Hall. Independence Hall offers a continuum of care, including inpatient treatment services, intensive outpatient programming, and outpatient counseling, to assist individuals in achieving their recovery goals. We are looking for innovative staff for our newly licensed inpatient clinical stabilization services program, which specializes in military service members and veterans. At Independence Hall we provide client-centered care and recovery-oriented treatment within a therapeutic environment. The qualified candidate must be a team player, a creative problem solver, and have a passion for helping others. Veterans are encouraged to apply but veteran status is not a requirement.
This individual would be based out of the 59 South Street, Shrewsbury, MA 01545 location. This is a part-time position, this position does not include benefits with an exception to sick leave. The hourly rate $13.00 and is non-negotiable. The schedule for this position is as follows, Saturday and Sunday 10:00am to 6:00pm.
Must be able to pass a CORI and background investigation. Must be able to start within two weeks of receiving a verbal offer.
Veterans Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Diversity is valued, and welcomed, on all levels within the organization! Veterans highly encouraged to apply!
- Prepare or direct preparation of food served using established production procedures and systems.
- Determine amount and type of food and supplies required using production systems.
- Ensure availability of supplies and food or approved substitutions in adequate time for preparation.
- Set steam table; serve or ensure proper serving of food for tray line or dining room.
- Comply with established sanitation standards, personal hygiene, and health standards.
- Observe proper food preparation and handling techniques.
- Store food properly and safely, marking date and item.
- Report necessary equipment repair and maintenance to supervisor.
- Perform tasks which are supportive in nature to the essential functions of the job, but which may be altered or redesigned depending upon individual circumstances.
- Prepare and serve food for special functions as assigned.
- Regular and reliable attendance is required.
- Minimum of high school diploma or equivalent required.
- ServSafe Certification preferred.
- If not, must be able to become ServSafe certification within the first 30 days of employment.
- Culinary Arts Certificate, or other related field, preferred.
- Minimum of five years' experience in the Food Services Industry.
- Ability and skill to cater to groups of up to 300 people.
- Knowledge of Worcester County Food Bank operations or prior experience with the organization is a plus.
- Attention to detail, great communication and organizational skills, along with the ability to multi-task are all very important attributes this individual should have. .
Dishroom, kitchen, serving areas and off location as assigned.
Equipment/machines used in the performance of this job:
This individual must maintain skills necessary to safely and efficiently operate the following equipment and machines used in the performance of this job:
- Kitchen equipment (i.e., oven, stove, dishwasher, slicer, coffee machine, steamer, mixer, chef's knives, etc.)
- Analytical skills
- Negotiation Skills
- Verbal & Written communication
- Confidential interactions
- Driving: Frequently - Must have valid driver's license and own personal, reliable transportation.
- Sitting: Frequency - Occasionally
- Standing: Frequency - Often
- Lifting up to 50 lbs., Frequency: Often
- Carrying up to 50 lbs., Frequency: Often
- Kitchen: Frequency Often
- Outside: Frequency Occasionally
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to read and understand instructions in English
- Moderate computer skills, beginner experience in Microsoft Office Suite
- Proficient interpersonal relations and communicative skills
- Ability to stand, reach, lift, bend, kneel, stoop, climb, push and pull items weighing 50 pounds or less
- Manual dexterity; auditory and visual skills
- Ability to follow written and oral instructions and procedures
For more information, or to apply now; visit our website. Please do not mail, email, or fax your cover letter/resume to us as we only accept applications through our website. Mailed, emailed, or faxed cover letter, resume, and applications will not be reviewed nor considered!
If you need assistance completing an application please contact email@example.com. Emails regarding application status will not be returned.
No Recruiters Please!
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.