BJ Services - Mechanic
- Sep 02, 2017
- Government : Military
Headquartered in Tomball, Texas, BJ Services is the largest North American-focused, pure-play pressure pumping services provider. BJ Services provides hydraulic fracturing and cementing services to leading upstream oil and gas companies engaged in the exploration and production of North American oil and natural gas resources. We operate field locations serving all major North American oil and natural gas shale basins. Our shared culture is built by an unwavering pursuit for perfecting operational execution in the oilfield.
WHAT WE OFFER
Competitive pay, great benefits, rotational schedule and advancement opportunities
Schedule is 15 days on and 6 days off
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintaining assigned trucks, ships, and related surface cabin equipment in accordance with operating specifications
- Routinely painting and refurbishing equipment
- Conducting mechanical inspections
- May use moderately complex diagnostic equipment
- Reviewing procedures for assembly, disassembly and test verification accuracy
- Analyzing and interpreting data from tests and troubleshooting equipment problems
- Analytical ability to find solutions to difficult technical problems
- Maintaining records, scheduling maintenance of equipment and maintainingequipment records and filing systems as part of quality control and assurance programs
- Inspecting and disposition of parts and equipment in compliance with HS&E policies and procedures
- Handling special projects, as assigned
- Other duties not specified as designated by company leadership
WORK ENVIRONMENT / PHYSICAL ABILITIES
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to stand, sit and walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms, lift up to 50 pounds. Occasionally required to climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk, hear and smell; lift more than 100 pounds. The vision requirements include: close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Journeyman Heavy Duty Mechanic
- Must be able to read and interpret blueprints, wiring diagrams, assembly prints, parts lists, follow formal procedures and maintenance practices.
- Working knowledge of hydraulic circuits and must be able to troubleshoot faults
- Proficiency in the use of multimeters, megohmmeters, hi-pot testers and other basic instruments
- Must have a basic level of analytical ability to find solutions to complex technical problems
- Computer skills
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
BJ Services provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, BJ Services complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.