Account Manager - Entry Level (Southern Mississippi)
- Sep 02, 2017
- Government : Military
Support efforts to identify, cultivate and maintain valuable correspondent banking relationships between Corporate One and members that are in line with the mission of the company by executing plans that are driven by company goals relating to the distribution of Corporate One's products and services to its members. Act as a knowledgeable ambassador of information between Corporate One and our members that assists in maintaining a resilient and gainful relationship.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Executes on business development plan developed by VP, Business Unit Executive, Correspondent Services Sales and/or AVP, Member Relationship Executive within an assigned territory in order to meet lead generation and potential sales goals.
• Possesses knowledge of all of Corporate One's supported products and services in order to identify, communicate, and document sales opportunities and service issues.
• Participates in the execution of directives that promote success of the business development and relationship maintenance efforts of the organization.
• Responsible for own performance results measured by directed activities completed and opportunities identified.
• Solicits, cultivates, and communicates market intelligence on potential strategic business opportunities, product enhancements, and member sentiment to VP, Business Unit Executive, Correspondent Services Sales, AVP, Member Relationship Executive and other relative personnel.
• Attends assigned meetings and in order to keep abreast of current product and market knowledge, communication and positioning statements, and other relevant information in order to maintain professionalism.
• Flexible to perform other duties and projects as assigned
Education: High School diploma required. Bachelor's degree or higher in business related field preferred.
Experience: Minimum of two years of related progressive experience in marketing, financial services industry and/or banking structure in addition to educational requirements listed above. Credit union experience is a plus.
Specific Job Knowledge and Skills Required: Knowledge of selling, relationship building, and business relationship maintenance techniques are required. Knowledge of correspondent banking and payment products is helpful. Finance analytical skills and knowledge of the credit union industry is preferred.
Technology Skills Required: Working knowledge of modern communication, general office productivity tools and Internet as a resource.