Night Desktop Support Engineer Level 1
- Sep 02, 2017
- Government : Military
PROCTOR FINANCIAL, INC.
Title: Night Desktop Support Engineer Level 1
Department IT Infrastructure
Reports To: IT Infrastructure Manager
B&B Job Code: ISCOOR
B&B Job Code Dept.: IT
The Desktop Support Engineer will be responsible to respond to phone calls and e-mail requests for IT services. Primary job functions include opening new IT work orders and proactively monitor progress of open IT work orders. Must be able to perform general tasks to aid in the ongoing support of a microcomputer environment, and assist with end user questions and problems with minimal direction and supervision.
This position will support Microsoft Office Suite products, proprietary applications and utilities and be responsible for installing software and peripherals, performing general maintenance tasks, along with basic hardware repairs/upgrades.
A main responsibility of this position is to ensure that nightly processing runs according to schedule without any interruptions to production hours.
This position is the primary contact for offsite operations in the event of a service interruption during non-core business hours.
- High school graduate
- Computer Experience
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Process incoming IT service requests.
- Receive Customer requests via phone and email assist with initial trouble shooting and information gathering if request needs escalation to specific teams.
- Record essential information and open new work orders and update as required. Follow-up with team members to ensure all work is updated.
- Identify source and impact of problem, provide updates to department maintain updates for the user community through telephone updates, voicemail options or e-mail.
- Provide customers with appropriate Service Level Agreement (SLA) and IT problem report number.
- Forward new work orders to appropriate IT departments for servicing.
- Gather and understand all information for changes and provide synopsis of change to manager sending notification.
- Provide basic computer technical support to end users
- Independently analyze and solve client PC problems (hardware, software, network access)
- Responsible for creating and maintaining current desktop software image and inventory for the IT department.
- Monitor progress of open IT work orders.
o Run and analyze work order status reports and queries
o Proactively work to identify work orders in jeopardy of violating SLA
o Have the ability to troubleshoot hardware related problems
o Memory Upgrades
o Hard drive replacement and re-imaging of hard drives
o Video card replacement
- Maintain customer relations
o Update customer with pertinent work order status changes.
o Insure all customers' concerns are addressed.
o Positively impact IT customer relations by proactively working to identify and address sensitive issues.
o Follow-up with IT teams servicing problems and communicate problem and resolution to user as well as department (s) associated with the problem.
• Support Software applications
o Microsoft Office
o Various Communications products (VPN etc.)
o Proprietary Applications
o Have the ability to research problems through reading documentation
• Review practices and procedures of Help Desk and recommend more efficient means of handling and servicing customer requests.
o Analyze work order repository for patterns
o Train IT staff members on Call tracking
- Facilitate status reports and customer communications
- Monitoring and Troubleshooting
- Confers with LAN/WAN Operations and applications programming personnel in the event errors require a change of instructions or a sequence of operations.
- Perform maintenance duties as tasked by the Infrastructure staff.
- Must remain on premise for duration of shift.
- Maintains tape backup logs and manages tape media as necessary.
- Monitor daily file transfers from numerous vendors.
- Performs numerous daily visual checks on all systems located in data center.
- On processing issues, makes determination of severity of program errors and contacts necessary Infrastructure and/or CTech.
HUMAN RELATIONS AND PERSONAL SKILLS
• Effective communication skills.
o Articulate, business-like and friendly demeanor
o Strong written skills for documentation and reporting
o Strong verbal skills to explain both technical and lay issues to peers and user community
o Good listening skills
o Ability to defuse situations
o Flexible and efficient
o Ability to handle multiple tasks.
o Adaptable to changing environment and workload.
• Motivation, Organization and Professionalism
o Self motivated and able to work with minimal supervision
o Perceived as approachable
o Work well under pressure/deadlines
o Strong dedication to professionalism
o Strong organizational skills
• Must possess professional appearance and demeanor at all times
- Lifting (> 25 lbs.)
- Manipulate large bulky objects
- Manipulate small objects
- Hand finger dexterity
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Proctor Financial provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to religion, race, color, national origin, age, sex, height, weight, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, or status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability or any other category protected under applicable federal and state laws.