- Sep 02, 2017
- Government : Military
Related Management is currently seeking a highly experienced Residential Maintenance Technician for an affordable housing unit in Bridgeport, CT.
The Maintenance Technician will be responsible for common area and apartment repairs in the scope of plumbing, HVAC, electrical, carpentry, and appliances. Further oversight of the building's curb appeal through building exterior inspections and grounds maintenance is required. Customer service and attention to detail are critical skills to ensure the satisfaction of the community's residents. We currently have an opening for a Maintenance.
- Efficiently completes all daily work orders in a specific amount of time. Communicates any delays in completing a work order with the supervisor and management office.
- Troubleshoot and repair maintenance issues involving electrical, plumbing, A/C, HVAC, appliances, and carpentry.
- Work with office team to ensure all make-ready repairs and services are completed and on schedule
- Maintain accurate records for preventative maintenance, building mechanicals, service requests and apartment make-ready status.
- Respond to after hour on-call emergencies.
- Stay current on all applicable building codes and safety standards.
- Maintain trash rooms and dumpster areas.
- Assist in the proper clearing of snow during a snow event.
- Coordinate proper work shop inventory with maintenance supervisor
Knowledge and Skills
- Basic knowledge of plumbing, electrical, HVAC, carpentry, appliance and snow removal.
- Customer service first attitude.
- Must have personal, reliable transportation for on-call emergencies.
- Previous apartment experience preferred.
Work Environment and Physical Demands
- Building maintenance environment, indoor/outdoor, consisting of exposure to moving mechanical parts and seasonal temperature changes ranging from freezing to extreme heat
- May be exposed to high places, toxic or caustic chemicals, risk of electrical shock, and loud noises
- Vision requirements include both close range and long distance vision
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Must be able to climb ladders and crawl into confined spaces
- Must be able to endure walking, squatting, bending, balancing, climbing, kneeling, crawling and prolonged standing
Must be able to use hands to grip power and hand tools
Pay: $15-16/hr DOE