BJ Services - Electronic Tech
- Sep 02, 2017
- Government : Military
Headquartered in Tomball, Texas, BJ Services is the largest North American-focused, pure-play pressure pumping services provider. BJ Services provides hydraulic fracturing and cementing services to leading upstream oil and gas companies engaged in the exploration and production of North American oil and natural gas resources. We operate field locations serving all major North American oil and natural gas shale basins. Our shared culture is built by an unwavering pursuit for perfecting operational execution in the oilfield.
JOB PURPOSE: The Electronics Technician is responsible for driving, operating, and maintaining Fracturing Services equipment such as the Hydration Unit, Chemical Additive Unit and/or Blender equipment.
Yukon, OK or Multiple Locations
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintenance, troubleshooting, calibration and repair of all electronics, electrical, controls, instrumentation and computer based equipment
- Coach and mentor other techs on work performance and quality
- Enforce the company maintenance program
- Complete equipment repairs and calibrations
- Complete equipment maintenance inspections as per schedule
- Provide performance feedback to the Electronics Manager regarding team and the performance of the equipment
- Prepare and fill out all work orders or inspection forms and submit to Electronic Lead
- Attend to team meetings or safety meetings
- Visually inspect equipment in the yard/shop/location and report any deficiency to the Electronics Lead
- Maintain proper levels of electronic parts inventory for the shop and the filed kit in the service truck
- Follow HSE policy
- Provide leadership for your team
- Enforce active expense management
- Train new technicians on new equipment repairs and inspections
- Executing work on new product development projects
- Testing repaired equipment for proper performance and ensuring that work meets manufacturers specificationsSupport Operations in high profiles field jobs
- Provide feedback on potential design improvements to existing designs.
- Train equipment operators
- Attend field jobs on request
- Carry Out Work Handovers
- Assist the IS group in regards to any requirement that they might need related to computers, radios, phones or networks in the field or districts.
- Assist Engineering on testing equipment and analysing technical data of the equipment.
- Support the Radiation Safety Officer
- Support Operations in high profiles field jobs
- Travel to different locations
- Work under rotational schedule such us 15x6, 10x4 or 5x2
WORK ENVIRONMENT / PHYSICAL ABILITIES:
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts and outside weather conditions. The employee is regularly exposed to fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; risk of electrical shock and vibration. The noise level in the environment is moderate to loud.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to stand, sit and walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms, lift up to 50 pounds. Occasionally required to climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk, hear and smell; lift more than 100 pounds. The vision requirements include: close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- 2 to 4 years Technical Diploma, engineering degree or formal military technical training
- Must have hands on experience with Installing, maintaining and repairing electromechanical, electrical and electronics components including hydraulic and pneumatic devices in accordance with company required standards
- Must be proficient in the operation, setup, and calibration of high pressure transducers, flow meters (Magnetic, Turbine and Coriolis), Densitometers, level sensor, speed sensors, proximity sensors.
- Must be proficient in PLC maintenance/troubleshooting, computers and networks
- Test solid-state circuitry to find defective parts in digital and analog equipment and replace, rebuilding and wire instrumentation as required
- Must be proficient in making changes to unit programs to correct offsets for pressure transducers and K-factors for pump
- Complete maintenance inspections and test repaired equipment for proper performance and ensure works meets manufacturers specifications
- Read and understand technical drawings, datasheets and written work instructions
- Assist in training and coaching of other electronics technicians on their job duties and their obligations
- Experience working with Data Acquisition Systems and 3rd party software programs such as FracPro, Microsoft Windows/Office, FracCommand, PumpLink, etc.
- Inspecting and testing equipment to detect faults, malfunctions and repairs required
- Experienced and able to use testing/calibration tools, hand tools and power tools
- Good soldering skills
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:
BJ Services provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, BJ Services complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.