Case Manager- Concord, NH
- Sep 02, 2017
- Government : Military
Veterans Inc., the largest provider of services to veterans and their families throughout New England, is looking for a professional, highly motivated, goal oriented, skilled, and hardworking individual to fill the Case Manager position and become a valued member of Veterans Inc. team!
The Case Manager is responsible primarily for delivering supportive services to veterans in the areas of homelessness prevention and rapid rehousing. This position will also provide case management and outreach services to assist veteran clients and their families enrolled in Veterans Inc. programs. Must have strong computer skills and be highly organized with the ability to prioritize to meet deadlines.
This individual would be based out of 10 Ferry Street, Concord, NH 03301. All duties would be performed throughout the designated territory's surrounding cities and towns within the state.
This is a full time position with full benefits (health, dental, vision, 403B, paid time off, short/long term disability and life insurance, etc.) The annual salary is $42,000 and is non-negotiable.
Must be able to pass a CORI background records check. Must be able to start within two weeks of a verbal offer.
Veterans Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Diversity is valued, and welcomed, on all levels within the organization!
- Performs initial intake and assessments of all veterans for acceptance into Veterans Inc. programs.
- Develops individualized service plans for homelessness prevention and or rapid rehousing based on veterans input, interests, and needs. Coordinates veterans' participation in the agency programs.
- Assists veterans with researching and accessing needed services including VA benefits, employment training/placement , educational support, counseling, housing, medical services and other public benefits such as health care services, daily living services, personal financial planning services, transportation, fiduciary and payee services, legal services, child care, housing counseling services, and temporary financial assistance.
- Tracks and reports case management progress through case notes and conferences with Program Manager and coordinates with all funding sources.
- Completes record keeping/documentation responsibilities and compiles data for monthly reporting into the agency database.
- Conducts outreach activities to market Veterans Inc. programs and engage new referral sources.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to follow Agency policies and procedures;
- Ability to demonstrate sensitivity to veterans-related needs and issues.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in working with veteran population.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively both verbally and in writing;
- Ability to follow verbal and written communication;
- Ability to maintain client confidentiality and respect privacy.
- Ability to market Veterans Inc. programs to the community and veteran clients to potential employers;
- Ability to be flexible, adapt to changing situations, meet deadlines, and work under pressure;
- Ability to resolve problems within scope of responsibilities;
- Ability to exhibit excellent organizational and case management skills;
- Ability to interact effectively and professionally with veterans an staff;
- Ability to work independently and take initiative when appropriate;
- Knowledge of and ability to use a computer, the internet and work in a windows software environment using Microsoft office;
- Ability to maintain good attendance and punctuality.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in Human Services, Social Work or other related field required.
- Minimum of two years' experience in Employment Training, Vocational Rehabilitation, Recruitment, Counseling, Outreach/and or Services to the Homeless, or related field, is required.
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Microsoft Office Specialist certification or teaching credentials including: A+, Network+, Security+, Server+, and Project+, not required, but highly beneficial.
- Analytical skills
- Negotiation Skills
- Verbal & Written communication
- Confidential interactions
- Driving: Frequently - Must have valid driver's license and own personal, reliable transportation.
- Sitting: Frequency - Occasionally
- Standing: Frequency - Occasionally
- Lifting: 15 lbs., Frequency: Occasionally
- Carrying 15 lbs., Frequency: Occasionally
- Office: Frequency Often
- Outside: Frequency Occasionally
- Worker is not substantially exposed to adverse or hazardous environment conditions.
For more information, or to apply now; visit our website. Please do not mail, email, or fax your cover letter/resume to us as we only accept applications through our website. Mailed, emailed, or faxed cover letter, resume, and applications will not be reviewed nor considered!
If you need assistance completing an application please contact email@example.com. Emails regarding application status will not be returned.
No Recruiters Please!
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.