Route Delivery Driver
- Sep 02, 2017
- Government : Military
As a Route Delivery Driver, you will drive a company truck on an assigned overnight route with hours between 10 PM and 9 AM, (Sunday night start) Monday through Friday, in all weather conditions. Your job will be to load out all ordered products - like milk, eggs, breads, etc. for that particular night's residential neighborhood customers, then drive/deliver these products to them. At route's end, you will return and unload any surplus products. Our delivery drivers take pride in ensuring a safe, accurate, and quality delivery to each customer's home. We have performance-based incentives that have some drivers out by 7:00 AM. Routes differ in size and commission incentives..
1. Every potential driver/trainee is required to participate in a one night "trial ride" with an experienced Route Driver. The applicant is paid $75 for the day to see if he/she meets our qualifications to be a Route Driver and to see if they have a continued interest in the job.
2. Trainees receive a 10 - 15 day, on-the-job training period with a seasoned trainer. The trainee is paid $100 base pay per day, during this training. After this, the daily rate is $107 per day plus commissions on what you deliver to the homes (volume). Volume means $$$$!
3. Our Route Drivers are guaranteed $2,500 per month, but after your initial training period, typical earnings are $2,800-$3,200 [or more - depending on size/scope] after getting their own route. As you gain confidence and speed/accuracy, this salary can get up to mid $40's or more with additional volume/delivering to larger routes.
4. We promote from within for those looking to move up in the company. Most of our Supervisors have come up through the ranks of our business, and continue to be excellent trainers who know all aspects of this challenging, yet rewarding opportunity. The Relief Drivers are the next step as these drivers often cover for ill workers so have to be flexible on route assignments.
5. Lucrative benefit package is available between 60-90 days to include health insurance, dental insurance, paid vacation, paid sick time, holiday pay, company paid life insurance, and long term disability, plus a generous discount of all of our fine products. Our 401(k) plan (after 6 mos), is also another benefit. In addition, Top Drivers Awards are recognized and paid out monthly.