BJ Services - Mechanic IV
- Sep 02, 2017
- Government : Military
Headquartered in Tomball, Texas, BJ Services is the largest North American-focused, pure-play pressure pumping services provider. BJ Services provides hydraulic fracturing and cementing services to leading upstream oil and gas companies engaged in the exploration and production of North American oil and natural gas resources. We operate field locations serving all major North American oil and natural gas shale basins. Our shared culture is built by an unwavering pursuit for perfecting operational execution in the oilfield.
JOB PURPOSE: Mechanic IV
• Maintaining assigned trucks, ship, and related surface cabin equipment in accordance with operating specifications; may use moderately complex diagnostic equipment
• Conducting mechanical inspections
• Reviewing procedures for assembly, disassembly and test verification accuracy
• Configuring test stations and systems
• Analyzing and interpreting data from environmental tests; troubleshooting equipment problems
• Using analytical ability to find solutions to difficult technical problems
• Maintaining records
• Providing supervision, mentorship and leadership of technicians in the absence of the supervisor/manager
• Maintaining equipment records and filing systems as part of quality control and assurance programs
• Inspecting and dispositioning parts and equipment
• Following compliance with HS&E policies and procedures
• Handling special projects, as assigned
WORK ENVIRONMENT / PHYSICAL ABILITIES
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to answer phone calls and to greet the public as well as handle the mail and any deliveries made. This position will require the person to interact with management and help create reports in word or excel.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to stand, sit and walk.
• Must have a High School Diploma or GED
• Experience working with DOT regulations and reporting is a plus.
• Experience working in oil and gas as a Mechanic is preferred.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
BJ Services provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, BJ Services complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training