Technical Support Engineer
- Sep 02, 2017
- Government : Military
Shift hours are Monday - Friday 8AM - 5PM ET or 9AM - 6PM ET
Client customer base is rapidly expanding and as a result were are growing our Center of Excellence. We are looking for great Junior Technical Support Engineers to join our team. Technical Support Engineers respond to, resolve, and handle technical support calls ranging from basic user questions to issues requiring in-depth technical and problem solving skills. As needed, they effectively engage and team with product engineering to expedite problem resolution. They deliver the highest levels of customer service and customer satisfaction for enterprise IT customers
1. 2-3 years' experience troubleshooting IT infrastructure technologies such as servers, networking, and storage software and hardware.
2. 2-3 years' experience working in a customer-facing support role dealing with enterprise IT customers.
3. Bachelor's degree or equivalent industry experience.
4. Hands on experience debugging systems.
1. Excellent customer communication skills via phone, email, chat. Ability to handle critical customer issues with confidence.
2. VMware VCA or equivalent
3. Basic Server Hardware knowledge:
a. CPU/MEM/HDD/MB/Backplane/Controllers/Management/Log gathering / analysis
4. Basic networking knowledge / experience / TCP/IP stack / Testing
5. Basic Linux knowledge / experience
6. Basic Shared Storage knowledge
7. Ability and desire to quickly learn new technologies and products.
8. Good writing skills to create knowledgebase articles, case documentation, and escalations to engineering.
1. Experience with Salesforce.com CRM & Case Management.
2. Experience with WebEx and remote troubleshooting.
1. Demonstrated creative, critical thinking and troubleshooting skills.
2. Highly professional, with the ability to deliver excellent work on tight schedules.
3. Excellent collaborative skills.
4. Strong verbal and written communication skills. Able to communicate with peers and management.
5. High professional standards - strong motivation for individual and organization success.
6. Results oriented.
7. Process driven.
8. Pragmatic: able to analyze trade-offs and prioritize tasks in order to achieve goals.
9. Team player.