Farmers Insurance Agency Ownership Multiple Entry Points
- University Place,WA
- Sep 02, 2017
- Government : Military
Farmers Insurance Group of Companies is one of the nation's largest insurance companies and provides a wide range of insurance and financial services products. We are experiencing rapid growth in Pierce, S. King, Kitsap and Thurston Counties and are looking to add the best of the best onto our team to help us grow further. Our comprehensive training program is ranked as the best corporate training program in the industry and the 4th overall in the world, as named by Training Magazine. In fact, the Farmers training program and Farmers University have been inducted into the prestigious Training 125 Hall of Fame in February of 2014.
The District Office of Alec Lewis is ranked as the #1 District Office in the state and #2 in the territory. Do you like to WIN and want to be part of a President's Council Award winning team? Apply today! www.beafarmersagent.com/alewis
Become a part of one of the largest and most-respected insurance brands in the country by becoming an agency owner with Farmers Insurance. Farmers Insurance offers the following 4 different entry points designed for candidates of all backgrounds and skill sets:
1. Traditional Agency Program - At first, you begin working in our District Office where you will have extensive training and financial assistance available. The financial assistance package pays you up to $96,000 over 36 months in addition to your new business and renewal commissions. We will provide you the ability to build your own book of business and give you time to create a residual income for your own Agency prior to expanding to your own insurance office location. Must be able to show you have financial responsibility by having at least 5K in savings, 60 days mature, to sustain you during the first couple months you are building your book-of-business!
2. Retail Agency Program -- Step immediately into a branded retail location with a $10,000 office start up bonus, $5,000 in first year lead generation reimbursements and an enhanced commission structure for the first 3 years. Similar to a franchise, this is a program that is designed for experienced business owners. Individuals with a history of sales and management experience may also be a great candidate for this program. Qualified applicants would need to provide proof of liquid assets in the amount of 25k - 50k. This program offers a significantly higher than average bonus structure to offset business expenses.
3. Seed Program- There are situations where an agent has to retire unexpectedly and has not had time to put a succession plan in place. In these situations, the books of business are transferred to qualified candidates. The candidate receives the benefit of immediate revenue without the cost of acquisition while Farmers preserves the existing location. The candidate will receive an existing book of business to service and cross sell as well as $10,000 in an office start-up bonus. Qualified applicants would need to provide proof of liquid assets in the amount of 25k - 50k.
4. District Internship Programs:
-District Associate Agent Internship Program and District Protege Agent Internship Program - Associate Agents will receive a base salary of $1,000 + New Business (NBS) Commissions/per month for 90 days and work out of the District Office in University Place, WA. No liquid capital requirements!
-The Protege Agent will receive a base salary of between $1,500.00 - $2,000.00 (dependent on experience) plus any other agreed upon bonuses by the Mentor Agency Owner upon hiring and work directly for an Agency Owner in their office. No liquid capital requirements!
Requirements for both programs are as follows:
a. Required to quote 35 customers per week
b. Required to write a minimum of 18 P/C policies and 1 Life monthly
c. Required to write 225 P/C Policies and 25 Life within 2yrs of start of program. If
successful, Agent may transition to any other Entry-point with any capital requirements
d. Attend all District Training on Thursdays, 10am -- 12am and the 3rd Tuesday of every
Month from 9am -- 12pm and, if applicable, 1pm -- 4pm for FFS agents/staff only
e. Solicits and writes new business for his/her specialist department
f. Coordinates with the agent and/or operations manager to provide assistance in
determining proper coverage
g. Provides underwriting and rating for new accounts
h. Maintains knowledge of new products and initiatives. Pursues a program for development of personal and business skills
i. Actively solicits expiration dates from new clients and prospects
j. Develops agency relationship with existing clients
k. Meets the production requirements and goals assigned by the agent or agency manager
l. Maintains monthly sales record and provides a copy for review to the agent and/or operations manager
m. Must follow District 10 Recipe for success, no exceptions!
n. After 90 days if all above requirements are being met, the Associate Agent will continue to receive 100% NBS Commissions PLUS 100% match on those NBS Commissions, up to $1,000 match/per month. The NBS Match will replace the salary of $1, 000.00.
The primary responsibility of both positions is to drive and grow new business revenue. You'll manage client relationships to ensure that your clients' needs and requirements are met. This will require you to serve as their advocate within Farmers to provide them with a comprehensive portfolio of insurance solutions and options. Other exciting and fulfilling responsibilities include:
•Developing base for long-term sources of clients by using our proven marketing systems, referrals, occupational, and special-interest groups to compile lists of prospects.
•Determining clients' particular needs and financial situations by scheduling fact-finding appointments; determining extent of present insurance coverage and investments; ascertaining long-term goals.
•Developing a coordinated protection plan by calculating and quoting rates for immediate coverage action and long-term strategy implementation.
•Enhancing agency reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
•Staying up to date on the most current products and services offered by Farmers Insurance as well as industry regulations and news
Perks We Offer:
We understand that excellent representatives need excellent rewards, so our company is proud to offer the following benefits and perks:
•Financial support program that promotes stability and security while you are growing your career
•Flexible training program that is complimentary to your current work and/or personal schedule
•Work/life balance that allows you to enjoy the things you love doing most while making a positive impact in the community.
•Health, Dental and Vision Insurance plans available
•Retirement plan options
•Career security and stability -- our company has been flourishing for over 85 years
•Initial and ongoing training and support -- our company offers a top rated and award winning training program that addresses the personal growth needs in different stages of your career
•Exciting bonuses, awards/recognition, and trips
•At least one year of sales for programs 1 -3 above, no experience for program 4
•Account management, business development, and/or marketing experience is preferred
•Experience in owning or managing a business is a plus
•Strong track record of growing revenue and increasing the bottom line
•Goal-oriented, and thrives in a reward-based atmosphere.
•Excellent written and verbal communications, as well as positive interpersonal skills
•Optimistic attitude demonstrating positivity, enthusiasm, self-motivation, and exceptional work ethic.
• Organizational and time management skills
•Conducts themselves with the utmost professionalism and represents the company in a positive light
•Ethical in dealings with clients, co-workers, and members of the community.
Ability to submit to and pass a motor vehicle, financial/credit, and criminal background check. Must have Washington State Life, Disability, Property and Casualty licenses or be willing to get licenses within 30 days of Background Check being approved.
Apply with your resume to this posting and our Executive Recruiter, Al Schilling, will contact you to answer any questions and possibly set up an interview.
Full-time, Contract, Internship