BJ Services - Fluid Tech
- Sep 02, 2017
- Government : Military
Headquartered in Tomball, Texas, BJ Services is the largest North American-focused, pure-play pressure pumping services provider. BJ Services provides hydraulic fracturing and cementing services to leading upstream oil and gas companies engaged in the exploration and production of North American oil and natural gas resources. We operate field locations serving all major North American oil and natural gas shale basins. Our shared culture is built by an unwavering pursuit for perfecting operational execution in the oilfield.
JOB PURPOSE: Job Purpose: Able to troubleshoot and maintain backside equipment such as the Hydration Unit, Chm Add, and Blender. Assist engineer on location with gathering of samples, QA/QC of proppants and fluids, and interaction with customer.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Responsible for calculating and monitoring chemical, fluid, and/or sand ratios and lbs per revolution to perform service.
• Individually performs, or instructs Field Operators, to adjusts, mix and/or add in chemicals, sand, or fluids as necessary based on calculations.
• Utilizes information gathered from calculations/ratios/or other factors in the field to adjust to situations and understands consequences to actions.
• Acts as a mentor to Operators in Training and Operators. Assists in training and provides guidance on safe and effective operating procedures.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office
• Able communicate effectively within group and to customers on location
• Troubleshoots any problems with equipment (i.e. chemical pumps, flow meters, etc) and ensures damaged or defective parts get repaired.
• Performs rigging in / out duties for fracturing equipment for service; contributes to safe rigging operations during and after service delivery
• Completes required paperwork and submits it to the appropriate parties accurately and on time (i.e. Critical Well Checklist, fuel log report, timesheets and log books, maintenance reports, month-end expense reports, trip permits, etc).
• Maintains BJ Services Safety Standards always: shop, yard, location and while traveling.
• Reports all hazards or potentially hazardous situations, accidents, incidents and injuries immediately to supervisor.
• Attends weekly Safety Meetings.
• All other duties assigned
WORK ENVIRONMENT / PHYSICAL ABILITIES
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts and outside weather conditions. The employee is regularly exposed to fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; risk of electrical shock and vibration. The noise level in the environment is moderate to loud.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to stand, sit and walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms, lift up to 50 pounds. Occasionally required to climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk, hear and smell; lift more than 100 pounds. The vision requirements include: close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
• High school diploma or equivalent
• 2+ years prior oilfield service or lab/technical experience
• Familiarity with Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS), Transport of Dangerous Goods (TDG), and Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
• Strong attention to detail
• Ability to think on feet and adapt to situations
• Ability to work as part of a team; strong sense of teamwork
• Problem recognition and solving skills
• Highly safety conscious
• Highly motivated
• Ability to work a work schedule of 15 days on, 6 days off, and travel up to 100%
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
BJ Services provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, BJ Services complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.