Staff Accountant/Budget Analyst
- Sep 02, 2017
- Government : Military
The principal responsibilities entail creating timely analysis including variance analysis of actual results to budget, development of annual budgets and forecasts, cash flow analysis, and reconciliation to the general ledger, support of the annual audit, and special projects.
Incorporate the maintenance and development of accounting principles, practices, and procedures to ensure accurate and timely financial statements.
Regular budget review to effectively manage financial activities of each grant and program to assure that all activities fall within funder and agency guidelines.
Maintain and analyze accounts receivable, accounts payable, and general ledger through financial statements for all funds. Perform bank reconciliation.
- Review monthly financial statements and provide variance analysis highlighting risks and opportunities to revenue streams and expense control
- Monitor cash flows weekly and develop cash flow projections to ensure adequate cash is available to fund expenses
- Assist in developing reports for board presentation
- Assist with agency audit preparations including the single audit and the IRS 990 filing and State of MA UFR
- Collaborate with grant team and client department leads to develop grant budgets for existing or new proposals
- Reconcile bank statements
- Reconcile accounts receivable on a monthly basis and follow-up with funders to ensure timely collection
- Reconcile and perform grant closeout functions required by contracts administration and sponsors.
- Submit budget modifications based on contract spending analysis
- Identify all issues impacting contracts and report to proactively manage and resolve the issue
- Analyze grant spending against funder budgets and review with contract compliance manager
- Ensure proper allocation of costs
- Monitor payroll by reviewing allocations and analyzing variances with contract budget
- Assist with preparation of annual operating and capital budgets
- Throughout the year, develop forecasts based on period to-date activity and analysis
- Ensure adherence to guidelines and policies as well as monitor the financial and programmatic status of accounts
- Ensure adherence to Cost Principles for Non-Profit Organizations " U.S. Office of Management and Budget Circular A-122
- Prepare and maintain documents required for an audit. Identify and prepare resources needed for A-133 audit in addition to funder audits
- Prepare and file other reports as required, including annual reports and annual applications for license to solicit donations in all New England states
- Ensure the integrity of accounting information by compiling, verifying, entering and reconciling applicable transactions and information necessary for the monthly closing process as well as year-end closing process
- Monitor fiscal compliance of agencys programs and services and ensure accuracy of all fiscal procedures and reporting for the appropriate timelines
- Prepare, review, enter journal entries, analyze and correct discrepancies to ensure the accuracy and completeness of the GL
- Review Payables to ensure proper allocation
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge on agencys funding sources, grants and contracts, ensure implementation of best practices
- Seek new ways to enhance efficiency, identify areas for improvement and advise on the best course of action with program and support departments
- Maintain insurances; act as liaison with insurance broker. Ensure proper insurance coverage for all programs, including adding insurance for any new programs and development projects; ensure proper allocation of insurance costs
- Perform special projects and other related duties as assigned
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.