BJ Services - Field Operators
- San Antonio,TX
- Sep 02, 2017
- Government : Military
Headquartered in Tomball, Texas, BJ Services is the largest North American-focused, pure-play pressure pumping services provider. BJ Services provides hydraulic fracturing and cementing services to leading upstream oil and gas companies engaged in the exploration and production of North American oil and natural gas resources. We operate field locations serving all major North American oil and natural gas shale basins. Our shared culture is built by an unwavering pursuit for perfecting operational execution in the oilfield.
BJ Services is currently seeking candidates to join the Pressure Pumping team in San Antonio, TX. There are many positions ranging from entry level Field Operators with 1-2 years' experience to more experienced Field Operators.
We're looking for candidates with CDL Class A, Hazmat & Tanker Endorsement.
JOB PURPOSE: The Field Operator is responsible for driving, operating, and maintaining Fracturing Services equipment such as the Frac Pump, Nitrogen (N2) Pump, Carbon Dioxide (CO2) Pump, Bulking Equipment, Belt Assist Sand Storage (BASS) and Auxiliary Sand Trucks and Equipment.
San Antonio, TX
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for learning and identifying all pieces of treating iron for fracturing jobs (i.e. floppers, check valves, dart valves, 2x1 valves, suction manifolds, hoses, etc), and applying acquired knowledge in the field.
- Responsible for driving and operating heavier and more complex Fracturing trucks and equipment (i.e. Frac, CO2, N2 pumps, etc)
- Reviews and completes Fracturing Head Logs to ascertain how much, and at what speed, sand/fluid can be pumped.
- Maintains fluid pumps by performing minor repairs and by changing parts (i.e. valves, packing, plungers, etc)
- Utilizes Remote Panel by manipulating gears and throttles to control the speed and pressure at which fluids are pumped
- Monitors control panels to gauge pressure, flow, revolutions per minute (RPMs), and other diagnostic information of equipment (i.e. transmission lock-ups, rig savers, etc)
- With guidance from Supervisors, adjusts increase / decrease fluid pressure and flow as required
- Completes load / off-load paperwork (Transport of Dangerous Goods) as needed for Nitrogen pump jobs
- Performs rigging in / out duties for fracturing equipment for service; contributes to safe rigging operations during and after service delivery
- Lifts, carries and moves iron pipes and fracturing equipment to / from trucks and well site
- Aligns, assembles and disassembles iron and fracturing pieces
- Acts as a mentor to Operators in Training and Operator 1 level employees. Assists in training and provides guidance on safe and effective operating procedures.
- Maintains truck and equipment to BJ Services standards, and ensures all equipment, including personal protective equipment, is in proper working order.
- Inspects truck equipment and supplies such as tires, lights, brakes, gas, oil, and water pre-and post trip
- Performs routine maintenance on fracturing equipment (i.e. quarterly maintenance inspections, 200 & 400 hour inspections and services on trucks and equipment).
- Troubleshoots any problems with equipment and ensures damaged or defective parts get repaired
- Completes required paperwork and submits it to the appropriate parties accurately and on time (i.e. Critical Well Checklist, fuel log report, timesheets and log books, maintenance reports, month-end expense reports, trip permits, etc).
- Maintains BJ Services Safety Standards always: shop, yard, location and while traveling.
- Reports all hazards or potentially hazardous situations, accidents, incidents and injuries immediately to supervisor.
- Attends weekly Safety Meetings.
- All other duties assigned
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Commercial Driver License (CDL) with Hazmat & Tanker endorsement
- 1+ years of previous Fracturing experience
- Demonstration of competence on Frac, N2 and CO2 pumps and equipment
- Familiarity with Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS), Transport of Dangerous Goods (TDG), and Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work as part of a team; strong sense of teamwork
- Problem recognition and solving skills
- Highly safety conscious
- Highly motivated
- Ability to work a work schedule of 15 days on, 6 days off, and travel up to 100%
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
BJ Services provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, BJ Services complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.