Day shift - Desktop Support Engineer - Level 1
- Sep 02, 2017
- Government : Military
PROCTOR FINANCIAL, INC.
Title: Desktop Support Engineer - Level 1
Department IT Infrastructure
Reports To: IT Infrastructure Manager
B&B Job Code: ISCOOR
B&B Job Code Dept.: IT
Responds to phone calls and e-mailed requests for IT services. Opens new IT work orders and proactively monitors progress of open IT work orders. Performs general tasks to aid in the ongoing support of a microcomputer environment, assists with end user questions and problems. Maintains the relationship with customer for the duration of work orders.
Performs general tasks to aid in the ongoing support of a microcomputer environment. Assists with end user questions and problems. Will support Microsoft Office Suite of products, proprietary applications and utilities. Installs software and peripherals, performs general maintenance tasks, along with basic hardware repairs/upgrades.
- High school graduate
- Some college
- Computer Experience
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Process incoming IT service requests.
- Receive Customer requests via phone and email assist with initial trouble shooting and information gathering if request needs escalation to specific teams.
- Record essential information and open new work orders and update as required. Follow-up with team members to ensure all work is updated.
- Identify source and impact of problem, provide updates to department maintain updates for the user community through telephone updates, voicemail options or e-mail.
- Provide customers with appropriate Service Level Agreement (SLA) and IT problem report number.
- Forward new work orders to appropriate IT departments for servicing.
- Gather and understand all information for changes and provide synopsis of change to manager sending notification.
- Provide computer technical support to end users
- Independently analyze and solve client PC problems (hardware, software, network access)
- Responsible for creating and maintaining current desktop software image and inventory for the IT department.
- Coordinate all physical user moves with department supervisors.
- Train and orient new employees in operation of desktop software and hardware interface.
- Monitor progress of open IT work orders.
o Run and analyze work order status reports and queries
o Proactively work to identify work orders in jeopardy of violating SLA
o Have the ability to troubleshoot hardware related problems
o Memory Upgrades
o Hard drive replacement and re-imaging of hard drives
o Video card replacement
o System board replacement
- Maintain customer relations
o Update customer with pertinent work order status changes.
o Insure all customers' concerns are addressed.
o Positively impact IT customer relations by proactively working to identify and address sensitive issues.
o Follow-up with IT teams servicing problems and communicate problem and resolution to user as well as department (s) associated with the problem.
• Support Software applications
o Microsoft Office
o Various Communications products (PCAnywhere, VPN etc.)
o Proprietary Applications
o Have the ability to research problems through reading documentation
• Directly service customer requests that are within the scope of the Desktop Support Engineer.
• Review practices and procedures of Help Desk and recommend more efficient means of handling and servicing customer requests.
o Analyze work order repository for patterns
o Train IT staff members on Call tracking
- Facilitate status reports and customer communications
HUMAN RELATIONS AND PERSONAL SKILLS
• Effective communication skills.
o Articulate, business-like and friendly demeanor
o Strong written skills for documentation and reporting
o Strong verbal skills to explain both technical and lay issues to peers and user community
o Good listening skills
o Ability to defuse situations
o Flexible and efficient
o Ability to handle multiple tasks.
o Adaptable to changing environment and workload.
• Motivation, Organization and Professionalism
o Self motivated and able to work with minimal supervision
o Perceived as approachable
o Work well under pressure/deadlines
o Strong dedication to professionalism
o Strong organizational skills
• Must possess professional appearance and demeanor at all times
- Lifting (> 25 lbs.)
- Manipulate large bulky objects
- Manipulate small objects
- Hand finger dexterity
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Proctor Financial provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to religion, race, color, national origin, age, sex, height, weight, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, or status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability or any other category protected under applicable federal and state laws.