Training Specialist - Claims
- Costa Mesa,CA
- Sep 03, 2017
- Insurance : General Insurance
Teamwork. Integrity. Dedication.
Together, We Make A Difference.
If you are a career-minded, service-driven professional looking to join a fast paced organization, then you have come to the right place. AAA is a member service organization affiliated with the national AAA network. With offices across the United States, we are united by a common mission and common values of excellent member service. With more than 13,000 employees in 21 states, we provide legendary service to 15 million loyal members. With a constantly growing membership, we are always welcoming dedicated professionals looking to challenge themselves and build a career within our dynamic organization. You will find that being part of a very successful team is extremely rewarding.
This position is located in Costa Mesa, CA. The purpose of the department is to deliver education and training of products, processes, technology and sales/service skills to both incumbent and newly appointed Homeowners, Auto, and Casualty Claims employees. The scope of this job requires travel nationwide for up to 2-6 weeks at a time to support our expanding infrastructure. Occasionally some evenings and/or weekend training. Assignments will include development of presentations and online content, conducting web conferences, facilitating classroom training and delivering presentations.
The individual will be responsible for:
1. Educating newly appointed agents in both technical skills and product knowledge primarily in classroom settings. Delivering education to new and incumbent agency staff.
2. Develop, establish and conduct virtual classes via web conference tools. Learn the unique skills necessary to effectively deliver education via this venue. Develop presentations for classroom and web conferences using adult learning methods.
3. Consistently update management on progress of new agent development.
4. Effectively manage travel and other expenses, completing all monthly reports on time. Check voice mail every day, checking and responding to e-mail in a timely manner and other administrative duties
1. Intermediate - Creativity: to enhance classroom education and presentation materials.
2. Intermediate - Must be articulate and utilize proper grammar in daily conversation and development of written materials. Convey pride in work. Maintain professional appearance.
3. Intermediate - Presentation skills in facilitating classes and leading discussions for both small and very large groups. Also must excel in one-on-one coaching and tutoring.
4. Intermediate - Demonstrate ability to be a productive member in a team setting.
5. Advanced - Ability to assimilate new information quickly. Demonstrates initiative to enhance knowledge and skill levels. Does not need to be monitored closely.
1.Experience handling attorney-represented bodily injury claims highly preferred.
2.Must be willing to relocate for advancement opportunities.
3.Experience in presenting material to diverse groups.
4. Experience in development of education materials.
5. Must be able to learn quickly, keep up with changes and work well on a team.
6. Demonstrated ability in multi-tasking. Ability to prioritize multiple tasks at hand. Flexible when priorities and projects suddenly change. Initiative to persevere in pursuit of critical information and in seeing projects through to completion.
7. Use of personal vehicle and good driving record required.
8. Computer Proficiency: Intermediate PowerPoint. Intermediate to Advanced Outlook. Basic Excel skills. Intermediate Word skills. Basic Access skills desired.
9.Education: Bachelor's Degree preferred
Our comprehensive and employee centric training facility located in Costa Mesa provides training programs to help employees acquire various skills necessary to do their jobs and to support career development.
• Health Coverage for Medical, Dental, Vision
• Paid time off including Vacation, Illness and Holidays
• Life Insurance
• Disability Coverage
• 401k Savings Plan
• Employee Discounts
• Career opportunities across multiple business lines and states
"Creating members for life by exceeding our members' expectations through valuable products and legendary service."
AAA is an Equal Opportunity Employer.