Automotive Tech- Virginia Beach Car Care Center
- Virginia Beach,VA
- Sep 03, 2017
- Insurance : General Insurance
Primary Job Functions:
• Perform minor diagnostics on automobiles as required
• Repair vehicles according to manufacturers' specifications including, but not limited to, brakes, suspension, exhaust, drive train, cooling system, tires, alignments, air conditioning/heating, ignition system, and fuel system
• Utilize software to obtain parts and labor requirements for repairs
• Communicate with the service writer/manager and manager about repair status and needs
• Perform state safety inspections as needed
• Keep his/her work area clean and safe
• Assist Lead Technician as required and in order to gain experience for future ASE Certifications
• Various miscellaneous duties as assigned by management
• Assists other level technicians as requested
• Performs other duties as assigned
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
• Automotive Repair Knowledge - Extensive knowledge of the automotive repair industry required. Minimum three years experience in automotive repair. ASE Certification required in a minimum of Brakes, Suspension and Steering, and heating and Air Conditioning, with Engine Performance and Electrical certifications preferred. Other combinations of certifications that total at least four will be considered. A/C Certified a must and State Inspection License preferred. Must provide own full set of tools.
• Customer Relations & Interpersonal skills - Must be able to understand and meet customers' needs and expectations. Must use good interpersonal skills in solving customers' problems and build positive relationships with them.
• Communication Skills - Must be able to communicate with others in a clear, understandable manner.
• Problem Solving and Resource Allocation - Must be able to analyze information, identify alternatives, and make sound, logical decisions. Must maximize utilization of available resources.
• Teamwork & Cooperation - Must be able to build smooth, cooperative working relationships, assisting other team members when possible.
• Time Management and Multi-tasking - Must be able to perform multiple tasks and use time efficiently. Must be able to deal with negative emotions from others, displaying a positive, caring attitude on each interaction.
• Flexibility & Adaptability - Must be able to adapt to change and be flexible in adjusting approach to meet the needs of different situations. Must be able to rotate among job functions as needed.
• Computer Knowledge - Must be knowledgeable of Windows based programs, with experience using Mitchell or a similar repair software package.