Sr. Cost Estimator
- Sep 04, 2017
- Construction : General Construction
- Coordinates, prepares and updates all program and project capital cost estimates for MRE LRT projects by providing engineering and construction cost estimate data and review of estimates provided by Contractors
- Provides initial conceptual cost estimates for planning and budgetary purposes
- Provides preliminary construction cost estimates for negotiating with contractors
- Coordinates and participates in value engineering studies
- Reviews contractor's schedule of values for accuracy and reasonableness
- Assists in the negotiation of change orders, evaluation and analysis of contractor's claims
- Develops and maintains Cost Breakdown Structure for the unit cost database library
- Develops unit cost database library utilizing in-house bid information as well as importing and analyzing data from other agencies and government entities
- Provides review of construction cost and methodology for a variety of special projects
- Establishes and maintains coordination among various METRO departments and divisions for the development and updating of project cost estimates related to MRE LRT projects.
- Maintains contact with vendors, firms, contractors and other agencies for current, progressive cost estimating data that may be applicable at METRO
- Coordinates the development of project cost and schedule data for FTA and preparation of Standard Cost Category worksheet for submittals to FTA
- Reviews contractor's invoices to ensure work performed is within the scope and budget
- Tracks and reports on invoice submittals associated with contractual agreements within PE&C to ensure invoice completeness based on contractual requirements, submits for review and approval by project manager, small business and other divisions as required
- Tracks and reports on Capital Contracts, obligations, pending work orders and/or change requests, totals paid to date, and pending payments
- Develops and maintains capital project reporting indices as they relate to budget vs. cost, contingency vs. change orders and SOV's (Schedule of Values)
- Promotes safety awareness and follows safety procedures in an effort to reduce or eliminate accidents
- Performs other duties as assigned
Minimum eight (8) years construction estimating experience involving civil, architectural, mechanical, and electrical trades. Transit and large multi-project capital program experience preferred.
Advanced and proven capabilities in developing capital cost estimates for various sizes of capital projects. Experience in transit related projects a plus. Knowledge of common estimating support software programs. Ability to coordinate, obtain and compile information from various departments and levels of management. Good verbal and written communication skills.
Further, employees who perform safety-sensitive functions will submit to drug and/or alcohol testing in accordance to the Department of Transportation (DOT) and the Federal Transit Administration (FTA) regulatory requirements.
We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion,age,sex,national origin,veteran status,genetic information or disability.