Fulfillment Pharmacy Technician - Overland Park, KS - Veteran's Welcome
- Overland Park,KS
- Sep 04, 2017
- Healthcare : General Healthcare
- Open, batch and scan incoming drug inventory
- Fill prescriptions
- Pack filled prescriptions
- Replenish shelves and automated dispensing machines
- Track inventory
- Operate automated machinery
- Constantly meet established productivity, schedule adherence, and quality standards
- Maintain a good attendance record
- Navigate across multiple computer systems to review and confirm prescriptions orders and information ensuring that automated fulfillment is correct
- Manually dispense orals, liquid medications and medical supplies according to standard procedures and protocols
- Maintain dispensing units ensuring they are filled with correct products, returns products that are no longer valid due to recalls, supply issues, etc.
- May process, pack or ship pharmacy orders to include the counting and dispensing of medications, accurate labeling and packing in appropriate manner for shipment within the required time frames
- High School Diploma / GED OR 10+ years of equivalent work experience
- Continued employment is contingent upon successful state Pharmacy Technician licensing and registration within 90 days
- All new hires will be required to successfully complete Pharmacy Operations training classes and demonstrate proficiency of the material
- Demonstrated ability in using computer and Windows PC applications, which includes strong keyboard and navigation skills and learning new computer programs
- Ability to work regularly scheduled shifts within our hours of operation including the training period, where lunches and breaks are scheduled, with the flexibility to adjust daily schedule, and work over-time and/or weekends, as needed. Regular hours are Sunday - Thursday with staggered starts during the core shift hours of 3:00 PM - 12:30 AM, CST
- 1+ years of Pharmacy / Prescription experience
Physical Requirements and Work Environment:
- Stocking shelves (may include lifting up to 30 lbs)
- Moving boxes from station to conveyor belt (may include lifting up to 40 lbs)
- Frequent and lengthy periods of working on your feet
- Use of hands / fingers across keyboard or mouse to operate automated machinery, and handling other objects
There are several steps in our hiring process - it's a thorough process because we want to ensure the best job and culture fit for you and for us. In today's ultra - competitive job market, the importance of putting your best foot forward is more important than ever. And you can start by completing all required sections of your application. (i.e. profile, history, certifications and application/job questions). Once you submit your resume, you'll receive an email with next steps. This may include a link for an online pre - screening test that we ask you to complete as part of our selection process. You may also be asked to complete a digital video interview, but we will offer full instructions and tips to help you. After you have completed all of these steps, you can check on the status of your application at any time, but you will also be notified via email.
OptumRx is an empowering place for people with the flexibility to help create change. Innovation is part of the job description. And passion for improving the lives of our customers is a motivating factor in everything we do.
If you're ready to talk about groundbreaking interactions, let's talk about what happens when a firm that touches millions of lives decides to gather results from millions of prescriptions every month and analyze their impact. Let's talk about smart, motivated teams. Let's talk about more effective and affordable healthcare solutions. This is caring. This is great chemistry. This is the way to make a difference. We're doing all this, and more, through a greater dedication to our shared values of integrity, compassion, relationships, innovation and performance. Join us and start doing your life's best work.SM
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: Insurance, customer service, customer service representative, claims, appeals, call center, phone support, dispute resolution, healthcare, UnitedHealthcare, UnitedHealth Group, Oputm, OptumRX, pharmacy, pharmacy technician, prescription, RX, Pharm Tech, Licensed Pharm Tech, Pharmacy Clerk, Pharm Clerk