Customer Service Representative - Costa Mesa, CA - Veteran's Welcome
- Costa Mesa,CA
- Sep 05, 2017
- Healthcare : General Healthcare
Doing your best. That's what we want you to do in this role. Even if you don't have experience, we provide the training and support for you to start your career as a Customer Services Representative. Apply today - training classes start soon!
If you share our all-in approach to people and service, excellence, you're going to be amazed at the things we're doing here at OptumRx. We're one of the largest and most innovative pharmacy benefits managers in the US, serving more than 12 million people nationwide. As a member of one of our customer service teams, you'll be empowered to be your best and do whatever it takes to help each customer. You'll find unrivaled support and training as well as a wealth of growth and development opportunities driven by your performance and limited only by your imagination. Join us. There's no better place to help people live healthier lives while doing your life's best work.SM
As a Customer Service Representative, we'll empower you to deliver resolutions on simple to complex pharmacy care related concerns. Every day, you'll deliver an exceptional experience to between 50 to 70 callers, in a compassionate manner - always remembering that there is a real person on the other end of the phone who is looking for help, guidance, and support. Every phone call gives you that opportunity to improve the lives of our customers and exceed their expectations. That is right; at OptumRX you will be a part of an elite team as you grow and develop at a pace that energizes your career and makes the most of your promise.
This position is full-time (40 hours/week) Monday - Sunday. Employees are required to have flexibility to work any of our 8 hour shift schedules during our normal business hours of (5am-10pm). It may be necessary, given the business need, to work occasional overtime or weekends. Our office is located at 3515 Harbor Blvd, Costa Mesa, CA 92626.
To learn even more about this position, hear from our other Customer Service Representatives in Pharmacy.
- Answer incoming calls from our customers on issues related to benefit eligibility questions and prescription status inquiries
- Help guide and educate customers on their prescription benefits, use of plan, formulary, premiums and status of orders, and claims or inquiries
- Ask appropriate questions and listen actively to identify any questions or issues while documenting required information in computer systems
- Identify issues and communicate solutions and steps to customers, pharmacies, and physicians with prescription orders and reorders
- Escalate drug related calls as appropriate to licensed pharmacist for resolution
- Coordinate internal resolution of claims exceptions and other issues to include determining appropriateness of overriding pharmacy claims edits and error messages
- Make outbound calls to customers on prescriptions withhold orders and payment issue
- May also assist with entering new prescription orders into system
- Meet the performance goals established for the position in the areas of: efficiency, call quality, customer satisfaction, first call resolution and attendance
- Prefer 1 year experience in an office setting, call center setting or phone support role but not required
- An education level of at least a high school diploma or GED OR 10 years of equivalent working experience
- Demonstrated ability in using computer and Windows PC applications, which includes strong keyboard and navigation skills and learning new computer programs
- Ability to remain focused and productive each day though tasks may be repetitive
- Ability to multi-task duties as well as the ability to understand multiple products and multiple levels of benefits within each product
- Ability to work regularly scheduled shifts within our hours of operation including the training period, where lunches and breaks are scheduled, with the flexibility to adjust daily schedule, and work over-time and/or weekends, as needed
- All new hires will be required to successful complete Customer Service training classes and demonstrate proficiency of the material
There are several steps in our hiring process - it's a thorough process because we want to ensure the best job and culture fit for you and for us. In today's ultra-competitive job market, the importance of putting your best foot forward is more important than ever. And you can start by completing all required sections of your application. (i.e. profile, history, certifications and application/job questions). Once you submit your resume, you'll receive an email with next steps. This may include a link for an on-line pre-screening test(s) (or what we call an assessment) that we ask you to complete as part of our selection process. You may also be asked to complete a digital video interview, but we will offer full instructions and tips to help you. After you have completed all of these steps, you can check on the status of your application at any time, but you will also be notified via e-mail.
UnitedHealth Group is working to create the health care system of tomorrow.
Already Fortune 6, we are totally focused on innovation and change. We work a little harder. We aim a little higher. We expect more from ourselves and each other. And at the end of the day, we're doing a lot of good.
Through our family of businesses and a lot of inspired individuals, we're building a high-performance health care system that works better for more people in more ways than ever. Now we're looking to reinforce our team with people who are decisive, brilliant - and built for speed.
Come to UnitedHealth Group, and share your ideas and your passion for doing more. We have roles that will fit your skills and knowledge. We have diverse opportunities that will fit your dreams.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: UnitedHealth Group, OptumRX, training class, customer service representative, customer service, CSR, Pharmacy, PBM, Pharmacy Benefit Management, inbound calls, Call Center