Optician Customer Service Representative - March Vision Care - Los Angeles, CA - Veteran's Welcome
- Los Angeles,CA
- Sep 05, 2017
- Healthcare : General Healthcare
Welcome to one of the toughest and most fulfilling ways to help people, including yourself. We offer the latest tools, most intensive training program in the industry and nearly limitless opportunities for advancement. Join us and start doing your life's best work.
- Assist all customers (members, providers, payors, etc.) with all inquiries
- Responds to telephone inquiries related to claims processing and eligibility information in a professional manner while displaying empathy toward the callers concern
- Interprets pricing and benefit documents to ensure accurate responses to calls
- Forwards issues, attaching all necessary documentation, to the appropriate internal departments to ensure the correction of inaccurately processed claims, i.e.; Appeals, UM, Claims, etc.
- Plans and organizes workload to ensure efficient and timely resolution of issues
- High School Diploma / GED
- Candidates must be able to work a day shift schedule, 40 hours per week, Monday through Friday.
- Candidates must have experience directly related to opticianry
- Bilingual and fluent in English and Spanish
- Customer service experience in a medical claims processing environment
- Working knowledge of CPT, ICD - 9 coding, medical terminology and HCFA 1500 claim formats
- Working knowledge of CMS (HCFA) and DMHC guidelines
- Ability to interpret pricing and benefit documents
- Experience with HIPAA
- Knowledge of standard billing practices
- Completion of an accredited optical program
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong organizational and prioritization skills
- Ability to retain composure in stressful situations
- Ability to read with attention to detail
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: UHG, Los Angeles, customer service, telephonic, optician, issue resolution, MARCH VISION