International Shipping Associate
- Sep 05, 2017
- Factory & Warehouse : General Factory & Warehouse
Allied Staffing is hiring for a International Shipping Associate job in Olathe,KS
Location: Olathe, KS 66062
Pay rate: $15/hr to start. Once hired, moves up to $16.50/hr
Hours: Monday – Friday 8:30 am – 5:00 pm
The International Shipping Associate is responsible for a wide variety of administrative and record keeping functions within the shipping department. In addition, the incumbent is responsible for processing shipping both nationally and internationally.
This person will be responsible for:
- Fulfilling shipping orders through the Microsoft Dynamics software system.
- Transfer sales orders to invoices and mail, fax, or email to customers
- Process and create shipping documents (UPS, USPS, FedEx, Phoenix, etc.)
- Filling all required company documentation in designated areas
- Maintain all shipping supplies and submit requisitions for reorder
- Accept incoming deliveries by documenting receipt and the condition of the contents
- Transfer incoming receipts to appropriate department for processing
- Responsible for daily stock counts and organization of the warehouse
- Study and standardize procedures as necessary to improve efficiency
- Ensure correct shipment of all orders, domestic, international and hazardous material orders
- Expedite workflow when necessary
- Other duties as assigned
- Must have2 years international shipping experience
- 2-5 years Manufacturing Logistics Experience
- Strong administrative and clerical experience including 10 key and data entry
- Strong Microsoft Office Skills (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Highly organized individual requiring minimal direction
- High attention to detail, ensuring shipping accuracy
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
- Excellent grammar and writing skills
- Ability to maintain a professional, pleasant attitude at all times
- Good interpersonal skills, including the ability to work with the different departments and with various levels of company personnel
- Proficient skills in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Work is performed in manufacturing/warehouse environment
- Position requires frequent walking
- Position requires lifting up to 50 lbs.
- Position requires moving and lifting boxes
Click the "Apply Now" button to complete an online application now!
For additional information, call us at the number listed above this posting.
Since 1966 Allied Staffing has provided hiring solutions for manufacturers, warehouses and other employers in Kansas City and the surrounding areas.
Our specialty is in finding reliable, hard-working temporary and full-time employees to help organizations improve productivity, manage labor expenses, and get more work done.
Over the years, we have grown to become one of the area’s largest specialized staffing services, and today we provide strategic and tactical workforce management solutions to our clients.