- Kansas City,KS
- Sep 05, 2017
- Factory & Warehouse : Material Movers/Equipment Operators
Allied Staffing is hiring for a Welder/Operator Trainee job in Kansas City,KS
Location: Blue Springs, MO 64015
Pay rate: $16-$18/hr
Hours: Monday-Friday 8:00am - 4:30pm
Summary: Operates metal forming equipment in the manufacture of various sizes of rupture discs for a variety of materials to work order specifications. Assists welder with set up and operation of welding machine to weld a limited variety of light to medium rupture disc metal parts. Handles and positions work with or without the use of fixtures. Emphasis is on learning welding methods, practices and techniques and in acquiring further overall operational skills.
This person will be responsible for:
- Studies blueprints, sketches, drawings, manuals, specifications or sample parts to determine dimensions and tolerances of finished work pieces, sequence of operations and set up requirements
- Prepares metal surface for welding, section weld, uses chemicals and etches to perform weld penetration test
- Trains with welder in the welding of various metals using gar tungsten arc welding process; electronic beam welders, fit-up structures and in weldments for rupture disc and various other products
- Trains in the selections of proper electrodes, holders and in regulating the amount of electrical current and speed
- Utilizes precision measuring instruments such as micrometers, calipers, comparator and others to check the accuracy of work. Performs in process inspection
- May build rupture discs using hydraulic and air presses, punch presses and shears
- Performs helium leak tests, chemical etch marking and dot marking
- Visually inspects surface for defects and compliance with specifications; may rework as required by specification
- Enters work order related data into the AS400 and reports labor in DCLink
- May operate forklift in moving large items, pallets or bins
- Adheres to safety practices and procedures
- Follows procedures as defined by company policies, procedures, and ISO9001 requirements
- Cleans work area, tools and equipment
- Performs related duties as assigned. Regular and consistent attendance in required
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand. The employee frequently is required to talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to walk, sit, use hand to finger, handle, or feel, and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 lbs using appropriate moving devices. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Work environment: The employee is occasionally exposed to guarded moving mechanical parts. The noise level is usually moderate.
- Subject matter understanding
- Computer Applications
- Equipment Operation
- High school diploma/GED
- Two years Vo-Tech training or two years’ experience in sheet metal, fabrication r machining with one year experience in Rupture Disc or combination thereof with a total of two years machining experience
- Ability to read, interpret, and follow instructions, work orders, and engineered drawings
- Must be familiar with measuring tools such as dial calipers, tape measures, protractors, micrometers and squares
- Must be proficient in basic math
- Exposure to TIG and electron beam welding
- One year TIG experience and exposure to electron beam welding experience
Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
Click the "Apply Now" button to complete an online application now, or call (844) 201-1068 for additional information!
Allied staffing was founded in 1966 in Kansas City, MO to help assist local companies focus more on running their businesses and while letting us handle their staffing needs. We’ve since expanded to handle staffing needs for a variety of industries including logistics and manufacturing, accounting, IT, engineering, and more.
We take pride in our ability to source the proper candidates based on our client’s needs, whether that be for temporary, temp-to-hire, or direct hire work. Our specialty is in finding reliable, hard-working temporary and full-time employees to help organizations improve productivity, manage labor expenses, and get more work done. Allied strives to create a culture of excellence that leads to dynamic results. Our work environment fosters collaboration and creativity where ideas grow and our employees thrive.
Over the years, we have grown to become one of the area’s largest specialized staffing services, and today we provide strategic and tactical workforce management solutions to our clients. Allied employees are empowered by a sense of ownership that allows them to build within the brand and the freedom to determine their level of success and career path. We recently celebrated 50 years of incorporating our passion and dedication to connect the right person with the right role and provide the right solutions for our clients, based on their best interests, not ours