- San Antonio,TX
- Sep 05, 2017
- Restaurant : Prep/Line Cook
Gate Gourmet/San Antonio is hiring for a Food Preparers job in San Antonio,TX
Gate Gourmet, a gategroup company, is the world’s largest independent provider of catering and provisioning services for airlines and railroads. We serve more than 200 million meals a year to our 250-plus customers at more than 100 airport locations around the globe.
We are now hiring for Food Preparers to work in our flight kitchen located at the San Antonio International Airport. This position is represented by a labor Union and is covered by one or more collective bargaining agreement.
A Food Preparer prepare meals for various airlines by cutting, chopping, and wrapping dishes and meals and setting up the food carts for delivery.
Our Employees Must Be Able to:
- work assigned schedule which may include multiple shifts, weekends and holidays
- work overtime when required
- arrive to work on-time
- pass a criminal background check
- pass a drug screen
- handle fish, beef, pork, poultry and other food products
- complete paperwork
- communicate with Supervisors and co-workers
- follow directions
- work as a member of a team
- Not applicable
- Will be exposed to extreme temperature changes and noise
- May work in a cold room of 50 degrees or less for extended periods of time
- Must be able to lift, push, pull, and move product, equipment and supplies up to twenty five (25 pounds
- Regularly stands, bends, lifts, and moves intermittently during shifts of 8+ hours
Demonstrated Competencies to be Successful in the Position:
Thinking - Information search and analysis, problem resolution skills
Engaging - understanding others, team leadership, developing people
Inspiring - influencing and building relationships, motivating and inspiring, communicating effectively
Achieving - delivering business results under pressure, championing performance improvement, customer focus
Click the "Apply Now" button to complete an online application now!
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the individual(s) assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required. Management reserves the right to modify, add, or remove duties and to assign other duties as necessary. In addition, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
Candidates will be required to go through pre-employment drug screen, criminal check and/or airport fingerprinting.
Gate Gourmet is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer!