Hourly Store Supervisor
- Sep 05, 2017
- Retail : General Retail
To ensure customers receive excellence in service and product quality. To perform, support and manage all aspects of store operations within the budgetary guidelines. To act in conjunction with the General Manager in achieving company sales and profit objectives. To act in the capacity of General Manager in the General Manager’s and Store Manager’s absence. To provide leadership and management to the store staff.
- Manages Store Operations as assigned by Manager.
- Assumes all operational control in the absence of Manager.
- Maintains product availability for Customers.
- Assists in hiring and training of all Store associates and ensures expectations for each position are met.
- Executes basic Store opening / closing procedures and daily / weekly reports.
- Performs various administrative functions i.e banking and scheduling meeting.
- Coaches associates using established processes and tools including Huddles, Observation checklists, and Ham Evaluations.
- Manages and monitors hourly labor using available tools. Makes adjustments to staffing based on the demands of the business.
- Monitors and manages product quality on Front of House and Back of House using established processes and tools.
- Monitors production and sales efficiencies including wait times, yields and product quality.
- Ensures proper sanitation procedures are followed including hand dip, hair nets, gloves and aprons.
- Ensures proper use of equipment .
- Monitors stocking and clean up duties.
- Ensures FIFO rotation of all product in FOH and BOH including unproduced and produced hams and turkeys.
- Assists Manager in the implementation of development plans for staff.
- Administers staff contest and incentive programs.
- Handles complaints with 100% Customer satisfaction according to Company policy.
- Participates in catering and gifting sales and fulfillment in all B2B and Catering processes.
- Maintains Product Knowledge Expert status in all Retail Merchandise.
- Is able to effectively work and train all positions in both the front and back of the house.
- Leads merchandising transition from promotion to promotion and ensures proper Holiday and non-Holiday set up.
- Communicates QA issues to Managers immediately.
- Communicates Management Bulletin information to staff, fulfilling the action steps required.
- Oversees unloading of shipments using established tools including checking quantities against invoice.
- Oversees daily production paperwork including pull sheet, box weight sheet, unsalable sheet, and Holiday inventory sheet.
- Perform other duties as required by business and departmental requirements.
KEY RESULT AREAS:
- Product quality maintained at or above Company standards.
- Customer service maintained at or above Company standards.
- Cleanliness maintained at or above Company standards.
- Ensure staffing levels are monitored and managed to the agreed upon measure. (productivity, hours, %).
- Ensures staff is trained and certified appropriately using established training processes and according to retail standards.
- Performs ongoing observation and coaching of Production and Sales staff using established tools.
- All other Store weekly scorecard results measures maintained at or above Company standards.
- At least 2 years of restaurants or service industry experience is desirable.
- Prior supervisory experience required.
- Good understanding of production facility operations experience equivalent to 1-2 years work experience.
- Basic computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
High school diploma required.
REQUIRED LICENSES, CERTIFICATES, OR KNOWLEDGE:
- Physical dexterity and mobility to perform demands of the job including working with hot torch, slicing machines, and lifting up to 65 pounds.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Successful completion of applicable sections of the BMT training program with a satisfactory score.
- Driver’s license and transportation.