- Sep 06, 2017
- Insurance : General Insurance
Teamwork. Integrity. Dedication.
Together, we make a difference.
If you are a career-minded, service-driven professional looking to join a fast paced organization then you have come to the right place. AAA is a member service organization affiliated with the national AAA network. With offices across the U.S., we're united by common mission and common values of excellent member service. With more than 11,000 employees in 21 states, we provide legendary service to 14 million loyal members. With a constantly growing membership, we are always welcoming dedicated professionals looking to challenge themselves and build a career within our dynamic organization. You will find that being part of a very successful team is extremely rewarding.
AAA Tidewater is seeking applicants for the position of Lube Technician at the Norfolk, VA Car Care Center. This position performs minor repairs and lube services to automobiles.
• Perform oil changes and lubrication services to automobiles
• Perform tire repairs and installation services to automobiles
• Perform any other minor repairs to automobiles as assigned by a Lead Tech or service writer, according to his/her abilities
• Gain on the job experience in all areas of automotive repair and strive to obtain
• Transporting members in company van to work or home
• Picking up parts as needed
• Assist upper level technicians as needed and for experience
• Keep his/her work area clean and safe
• Various miscellaneous duties as assigned by Lead Tech or management
• Assists other level technicians as requested
• Performs other duties as assigned
Our comprehensive and employee centric training programs help employees acquire various skills necessary to do their jobs and to support career development.
• Health Coverage for Medical, Dental, Vision
• Paid time off including Vacation, Illness and Holidays
• Life Insurance
• Disability Coverage
• 401k Savings Plan
• Employee Discounts
• Career opportunities across multiple business lines and states
"Creating members for life by exceeding our members' expectations through valuable products and legendary service."
AAA is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All applicants must meet the following qualifications:
• Automotive Repair Knowledge - Minimum 1 year automotive tire, lube, or general repair experience or six months of auto trade school or other formalized training program. Must provide own full set of tools.
• Education: High School Diploma or GED required
• Customer Relations & Interpersonal skills - Must be able to understand and meet customers' needs and expectations. Must use good interpersonal skills in solving customers' problems and build positive relationships with them.
• Communication Skills - Must be able to communicate with others in a clear, understandable manner.
• Problem Solving and Resource Allocation - Must be able to analyze information, identify alternatives, and make sound, logical decisions. Must maximize utilization of available resources.
• Teamwork & Cooperation - Must be able to build smooth, cooperative working relationships, assisting other team members when possible.
• Time Management and Multi-tasking - Must be able to perform multiple tasks and use time efficiently. Must be able to deal with negative emotions from others, displaying a positive, caring attitude on each interaction.
• Flexibility & Adaptability - Must be able to adapt to change and be flexible in adjusting approach to meet the needs of different situations. Must be able to rotate among job functions as needed.