- Los Angeles,CA
- Sep 06, 2017
- Insurance : General Insurance
About the team
The product development team is a key part of ClubLabs. We are responsible for delivering prioritized stories that look to maximize value for our members and our business through our digital products. We pair program, all day, every day because we know it delivers remarkable results. We practice test driven development because it produces high-quality, reliable and more maintainable code. We deliver user value, solve problems and ship code multiple times a day to improve our members' experience and maximize value to the organization.
About the position
At ClubLabs, we are seeking people who are entrepreneurial with a good technical skill sets to join us in making an impact and bringing value to our members at Auto Club Enterprises. The Software Engineer position must have a good understanding of implementing the basic elements and protocols of software engineering/programming. The position needs a great collaborator and a fast self-learner with great problem solving skills and troubleshooting skills. This position must have the ability to evaluate requirements and take complex problems to redefine them, re-scope them, and transform them into simple solutions.
This position enhances the technical agility of our new product lines.
Who are you?
• You love shipping features but know that well factored code is what lets you keep shipping features in the long run.
• You are team focused. You judge your success by the success of your team.
• You are value focused. You are motivated by creating meaningful user experiences.
• You are humble. You are someone who readily admits what you don't know - you are always looking to get better (and you are really good at getting better).
• You are data guided... but you know data is a starting point (it doesn't tell you everything) and you continue to learn.
What will you do?
• Design and develop advanced software applications. Build on one or more platforms which include but not limited to iOS, Android, and web apps. Communicate regularly and write clean code. Review, analyze and resolve application issues as needed. Evaluates strategies and make recommendations on changes and improvements.
• Collaborate with team members on the design and implementation of new functionalities on the different platforms. Consult with other team members and implements solutions in-line with the departments' visions.
• Continuously learn and keep up to date with emerging technologies to evaluate impact to business and member value.
• Four year college degree in Computer Science or equivalent combination of education and work experience required.
• Masters in Computer Science preferred.
• 3+ years of experience in three of the following: Java / Android, Objective C or Swift, C#, or C.
• 2+ years of experience in Front-end technology stacks, MS Web frameworks (including Express, Angular, React JS, ASP.NET MVC etc.), XSL/XSLT, XPath, and XPointer. Node.js (Client and/or Server) is a bonus.
• Experience in at least one queuing framework is preferred.
• Scripting Languages - Ruby, PowerShell, Linux/Unix Shell scripts, and/or Perl etc.
• Experience in two or more of the following databases: MS SQL Server, MySQL, Postgres, Oracle, Mongo, Cassandra.
• Experience in the hybrid On-prem and Cloud computing implementation and integration, and possibly with CDN is preferred.
• Experience in implementing OAuth/OpenID, TLS/SSL, and certificates is preferred.
• Experience in concurrency software development and great resource utilization is preferred.
• Implemented components' communications in various protocols, and possibly IoT protocol stacks.
• Experience in TDD/BDD.
• Experience in implementing high performance, high availability, reliable, and secured software, and know how to scale a system horizontally is preferred.
• Experience in distributed computing with sharding is highly desirable.
• Strong communication skills and interest in a pair programming environment.
• Strong team member who inspires, innovates, and delivers results to add value and make a difference.
• Knowledge on how to implement and manage API (Web Services) versioning.
• User-centric /customer-centric focused, embrace Agile XP practice, and possess a learning mindset.
• Constant monitoring and learning of new technologies and the market landscape.
ClubLabs is a rapidly growing technology and design shop in Los Angeles. We are the innovation lab for Auto Club Enterprises, also known as AAA the proving ground for ideas that exceed our members' expectations.
The bedrock principles our team rests upon are:
• Deliver maximum value to our members and our business.
• Solve for the problem, not for office politics.
• Trust through transparency
• Help others - we want "givers," not "takers."
These principles help us make the biggest impact, remove silos, embrace change, and continuously learn. They're realized every day in how we work: open, lean, innovative, accountable, and fun.
"Creating members for life by exceeding our members' expectations through valuable products and legendary service."
AAA is an Equal Opportunity Employer.