AAA - Travel Agent Trainee - Albuquerque
- Sep 06, 2017
- Marketing/Advertising : Advertising Sales
The Road to Success Starts Here!
AAA is a member service organization affiliated with the national AAA network. With offices across the U.S., we're united by common mission and common values of excellent member service. With more than 11,000 employees in 21 states, we provide legendary service to 14 million loyal members. With a constantly growing membership, we are always welcoming dedicated professionals looking to challenge themselves and build a career within our dynamic organization. You will find that being part of a very successful team is extremely rewarding. If you are a career-minded, service-driven professional looking to join a fast paced organization then you have come to the right place.
AAA New Mexico is currently looking for energetic, sales driven, dynamic and highly motivated individuals to join our Travel Agent Trainee Team! AAA Travel Agents create unique and personalized vacation experiences for our valued AAA members. You will be a part of a highly skilled team of forward thinking travel specialists who are committed to delivering "Legendary Service" with each member interaction.
A love of travel attracts many people to the field, but to succeed a Travel Agent must be passionate about travel and the endless opportunities it brings to bridge history, cultures and cuisine. Successful Travel Agents must have a strong sales drive, organizational skills with an eye for detail, ability to multi-task in a fast pace environment, demonstrated proficiency in navigating computers and various programs; must possess good written and oral communication skills and the ability and interest to be in a continuous learning curve.
For the right individual this opportunity will be a career path for future leadership opportunities. As you progress you will be evaluated to determine proficiencies in sales, customer service, administrative, operations, up-selling, cross-selling and meeting goals. Successful completion of evaluations may result in continued growth opportunities to expand into leadership as a manager.
- Education: A high school diploma is required; (2 or 4 year college degree preferred)
- Minimum 2 years of successful retail sales or banking experience or a leisure travel agency background within a goal oriented environment
- You must have reliable attendance and good communication skills
- You need to be able to lift and move travel stock and other materials (up to 25lbs)
- You must be available to work most Saturdays and some evenings to support goal achievement
- You need to be able to pass comprehensive criminal background check and thorough hair sample drug screening
- We prepare all of our Travel Agent Trainees for their new role by ensuring their successful completion of our Travel Agents Trainee program which requires some travel for training
- Our Agents are more likely to succeed if they are proficient with various internet search engines, Microsoft Office and the ability to quickly transition from one vendor system to another while typing at least 30WPM
- Paid holidays, vacations, and sick days
- Corporate benefits for insurance products
- Competitive insurance: medical, dental & vision after 90 days of employment
- Quarterly incentives for achieving established production tiers
- Love to travel? Personal travel opportunities at discounted pricing
- We offer extensive training to aid you in your career development through The Auto Club University
- A pension plan (after completing 1 year of service) with full vesting at the completion of 5 years
- Regular recognition through various company programs and incentives for cash and prizes
- We encourage you to participate in our 401(k) Plan after 30 days with a matching contribution after 1 year
If you're a "take charge" individual and want to learn more about what AAA Travel has to offer and how you can make a difference in the lives of our members, please submit your application today!
AAA LEGENDARY SERVICE, SOMETHING TO BE PROUD OF!
AAA is an Equal Opportunity Employer