Sr DB2 zOS/LUW Database Adminstrator
- Costa Mesa,CA
- Sep 06, 2017
- Insurance : General Insurance
Teamwork. Integrity. Dedication.
Together, we make a difference.
If you are a career-minded, service-driven professional looking to join a fast paced organization then you have come to the right place. AAA is a member service organization affiliated with the national AAA network. With offices across the U.S., we're united by common mission and common values of excellent member service. With more than 13,000 employees in 21 states, we provide legendary service to 15 million loyal members. With a constantly growing membership, we are always welcoming dedicated professionals looking to challenge themselves and build a career within our dynamic organization. You will find that being part of a very successful team is extremely rewarding.
- Must have the technical proficiency to administer DB2 databases on both z/OS and Linux platforms.
- Takes initiatives in database tuning to optimize performance as workloads change through database design, index creation, database optimization and performance tuning.
- Traces degraded SQL performance and constructively implements tuning changes and monitor results.
- Contributes to physical database modeling and object design according to business specifications based on overall database modeling standards, guidelines, best practices and approved database design techniques and approaches.
- Ensures high availability, backup and recovery of production databases. Maintain database operation including performing maintenance to minimize disruptions to users. Extensive understanding of DB2 in terms of data availability and recoverability. Keeps abreast of related principle technologies and develops continuous improvements for data availability and recovery methodologies.
- Performs database planning, scaling and capacity planning through the use of database management toolsets for gathering performance and planning data.
- Ability to analyze SQL outputs and make suggestions or point out constraint areas. Exercises extensive data analysis across multiple sources of input to estimate, recommend, and acquire capacity required.
- Provides solutions to a variety of problems of advanced scope and complexity by troubleshooting the database constraints to resolve errors where necessary and applying changes.
- Designs and develops the database objects and database models to support data services in service-oriented architecture. Use advanced DB2 technology for continuous improvements of database operation and management.
- Works alongside the developers on SQL tuning and provides best practices to improve application performance and service level.
- The understanding or experiences of some programming language is helpful.
- Maintain systems performance standards for:
- Database uptime and latency
- Database predictability based on metrics jointly agreed with the business
- User satisfaction
- Uses correct judgment to resolve production problems efficiently.
- Uses information available when faced with tough decisions.
- Effectively balances different and competing considerations and accomplishes high priority assignments.
- Seeks counsel of others to validate alternatives and make decisions.
- Uses appropriate judgment during all aspects of project communications. This includes following the established chain of command and typically leads to an absence of communication problems.
- 4 year college degree in related field or equivalent experience.
- Professional technologist certification a plus
- 5 or more years in the design, administration, programming and support of DB2 database on z/OS and Linux is required.
- Proven experiences with SQL tuning and SQL scripting.
- Installed and/or upgraded DB2/LUW software stack.
- Track record in DB2 database performance optimization and high availability/disaster recovery.
- Quick understanding of business processes and the databases they access, and the flow of information between processes.
- Ability to discuss database and data management techniques and its capabilities with both technical and business audiences.
- Proficient with creating and editing scripts in a command line environment on Linux.
- Proficient with TSO, JCL, JES, etc. on z/OS platform.
- Create technical documentation with limited guidance.
- Ability to apply DBMS principle and theory to other related disciplines.
• Health Coverage for Medical, Dental, Vision
• Paid time off including Vacation, Illness and Holidays
• Life Insurance
• Disability Coverage
• 401k Savings Plan
• Employee Discounts
• Career opportunities across multiple business lines and states
"Creating members for life by exceeding our members' expectations through valuable products and legendary service."
AAA is an Equal Opportunity Employer.