Travel Agent Trainee- North Orange County
- Sep 06, 2017
- Marketing/Advertising : Advertising Sales
Creating Memories of a Lifetime!
The Automobile Club of Southern California is currently looking for energetic, sales driven, dynamic and highly motivated individuals to join our Travel Agent Trainee Team! AAA Travel Agents create unique and personalized vacation experiences for our valued AAA members. You will be part of a highly skilled team of forward thinking travel specialists who are committed to delivering "Legendary Service" with each member interaction.
A love of travel attracts many people to the field, but to succeed a Travel Agent must be passionate about travel and the endless opportunities it brings to bridge history, cultures and cuisine. Successful Travel Agents must have a strong sales drive, organizational skills with an eye for detail, ability to multi-task in a fast pace environment, demonstrated proficiency in navigating computers and various programs; must possess good written and oral communication skills and the ability and interest to be in a continuous learning curve.
For the right individual this opportunity will be a career path for future leadership opportunities. As you progress you will be evaluated to determine proficiencies in sales, customer service, administrative, operations, up-selling, cross-selling and meeting goals. Successful completion of evaluations may result in continued growth opportunities to expand into leadership as a manager.
What does a AAA Travel Agent do?
- Sells international and domestic travel packages including cruises, land packages, travel itineraries, air, car, and hotel
- Eliminates the stress of planning a vacation for our members
- Coordinates every aspect of a member's trip as if it were your own
- Shares knowledge and expertise from personal experiences and/or education study trips
- Develops long standing relationships with our members and builds referral and repeat business
- Makes appropriate recommendations to ensure the trip experience is more than expected and tailored to the members expectations
- Cross sells relevant products to enhance the trip experience such as AAA Member Rewards Credit Card and identify theft referrals
Does this sound like you?
- You possess a high level of integrity
- You are driven by sales and exceeding your goals
- You enjoy the ability to control your compensation
- Travel is not just a hobby or a wish, it's your passion
- You are a creative thinker with strong problem-solving skills
- You thrive in an environment where multi-tasking is your comfort zone
- You are committed to developing your sales skills, knowledge and expertise
- You have the ability to work independently and collaboratively as a team member
- You are self-motivated and fully committed to building a profitable travel business
- You are and effective communicator both orally and in writing, with solid listening skills
- You are computer savvy with the ability to navigate between multiple systems and web browsers
- You have a strong and very comfortable relationship with paperwork and you are very organized!
- You must have reliable attendance and good communication skills
- A high school diploma is required, but we prefer a 2 or 4 year college degree
- You need to be able to lift and move travel stock and other materials (up to 25lbs)
- You must be available to work most Saturdays and some evenings to support goal achievement
- You need to be able to pass comprehensive criminal background check and thorough hair sample drug screening
- We prefer candidates with at least 2 years of successful retail sales or banking experience or a leisure travel agency background within a goal orientated environment
- We prepare all of our Travel Agent Trainees for their new role by ensuring their successful completion of our Travel Agents Trainee program which requires some travel for training
- Our Agents are more likely to succeed if they are proficient with various internet search engines, Microsoft Office and the ability to quickly transition from one vendor system to another while typing at least 30WPM
- Paid holidays, vacations, and sick days
- Corporate benefits for insurance products
- Competitive insurance: medical, dental and vision after 90 days of employment
- Company sponsored IATAN cards, providing travel discounts
- Quarterly incentives for achieving established production tiers
- Love to travel? Personal travel opportunities at discounted pricing
- We offer extensive training to aid you in your career development through The Auto Club University
- A pension plan (after completing 1 year of service) with full vesting at the completion of 5 years
- Paid educational study trips are available for our Agents to promote career development
- Regular recognition through various company programs and incentives for cash and prizes
- We encourage you to participate in our 401(k) Plan after 30 days with a matching contribution after 1 year
If you're a "take charge" individual and want to learn more about what AAA Travel has to offer and how you can make a difference in the lives of our members, please submit your application today!
AAA LEGENDARY SERVICE, SOMETHING TO BE PROUD OF!
AAA is an Equal Opportunity Employer
The Automobile Club of Southern California will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance.