Oncology Nurse - (Onc RN)
- Kansas City,MO
- Sep 06, 2017
- Healthcare : Registered Nurse (RN)
13032399 Job Description & Requirements
Oncology Nurse - (Onc RN)
StartDate: ASAP Available Shifts: 12 D Pay Rate: $23.00 - 26.00
- 500+ bed Level 1 Trauma center and teaching hospital using Meditech charting
- KC/KCMO has several outstanding restaurants that have been featured on the Food Network's "Diners, Drive thrus, & Dives!" AND they have the WORLD FAMOUS KANSAS CITY BBQ TOUR!! The area has recently enjoyed a thriving tech boom, and offers music fans a stunning Jazz scene.
The role of the oncology nurse (Onc RN) is to provide care for cancer patients throughout all stages of their conditions, but usually focusing on the acute phase. The Onc RN will help patients ranging from post-surgical to near-terminal manage their disease and treatment effectively, and may also be responsible for administering chemotherapy (which requires additional certification). Oncology nurses may practice in hospitals and outpatient facilities or provide home-based care.
- Current MO license
- Chemo certification
- RN will be required to obtain NIH Stroke certification prior to starting contract
Located close to the geographical and population centers of the U.S., Kansas City really lives up to its moniker as "The Heart of America." Famous for its mouth-watering barbeque dishes, you'll soon find there is much more to this town than just the food. With its abundance of fountains and boulevards, Kansas City is the perfect place for travelers looking for a thriving Midwestern city.
Onward Healthcare's travel nursing assignments typically last 13 weeks, and include:
- Competitive pay rates and comprehensive benefits
- Medical plans with dental and vision
- Complimentary, high-quality private housing
- 401(k) and flex spending options
- Life insurance
- Accident and short-term disability coverage
- Free continuing education (CE) courses
- Travel allowances
- Guaranteed pay program
- Tuition discount program
- Referral bonuses
About the Company
Onward Healthcare, an AMN Healthcare company, is a travel nursing company dedicated to moving our nurses careers "onward and upward." Our team of expert recruiters connect clinicians with exclusive travel nursing opportunities at the nation's top hospitals and healthcare facilities. Onward's nursing assignments are part of a larger, comprehensive RN career development and consultation service. Onward/AMN Healthcare is an EEO/AA/Disability/Protected Veteran Employer.
Oncology nurse, oncology, cancer treatment, cancer RN, cancer care, patient care, RN, R.N., healthcare, health care, nursing, nurse, onc, onc RN, oncology RN, medical, hospital, outpatient