- Sep 06, 2017
- Manufacturing : General Manufacturing
Wasserstrom Company is hiring for a Maintenance Worker job in Garland,TX
Great compensation : $12 and up/hour B.O.E.
N. Wasserstrom & Sons has an immediate opening for a Maintenance Tech at our Garland, TX location. If you like fixing things and keeping equipment in prime running order so that you don't have to spend all your time fixing things, this job is for you!
This highly skilled and important position reports directly to the Plant Manager and conducts all facily maintenance and repair of machinery and equipment in our manufacturing environment. During a normal work day you may be asked to complete various activities such as reassembling machines after completion of repair or mainteance work or setting up and operating machines and adjusting controls to regulate operations.
N. Wasserstrom & Sons offers a competitive wage and comprehensive benefits, including: medical/dental/vision plans, life and accident insurance, 401(k), employee stock purchase plan, employee assistance program, and more. We are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success.
If you would like to explore a possible fit with our dynamic and growing company, please apply. No phone calls please. N. Wasserstrom & Sons is an EEO/AA M/F/Vet/Disability employer. We participate in E-Verify. If you found this posting through a site other than our careers website, please do not apply on this link. We will only consider those applicants who use our online job application athttp://www.wasserstrom.com/restaurant-supplies-equipment/careers
At Wasserstrom, we offer our associates high quality, affordable benefits that reflect our dedication to protecting your health and investing in your future.
- Major Medical
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Coverage
- Short-Term Disability
- Life Insurance
- Long-Term Disability
- Optional Portable Term Life Insurance
- Health & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Salary Continuance
- Paid Time Off
- 401K & Profit Sharing
- Associate Discount
- ESM (Employee Services Management) Association -offering a variety of discounts nationwide
- Sprint Discount
- Employee Assistance Program
- PNC Banking Benefits
- Convenient Free Associate Parking
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos written in English.
- Must have strong mechanical aptitude.
- Attention to detail and group problem-solving skills required.
- Ability to read blueprints, sketches or templates.
- Ability to use a variety of hand and power tools.
- Knowledge of electrical and plumbing.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- 1+ year experience performing industrial maintenance.
- See level descriptions for additional details.
- Heavy Work - Exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including one’s own body.
- Regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel.
- Frequently required to stand and reach with hands and arms.
- Required to walk.
- Must be able to see close up and also at a distance.
- Must be able to talk and hear.
- Manufacturing environment may cause exposure to heat, noise, vibration, odors or dust.
- Ambient temperatures.
- Frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts.
- The noise level is usually moderate but may be severe at times.
- Usually work a standard work week but may be required to work some evenings and weekends to meet customer demand.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities. Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Headquartered in Columbus, Ohio, The Wasserstrom Company is the world's leading restaurant supplier and distributor of foodservice supplies and equipment. Since 1902, Wasserstrom has provided foodservice operators with high quality products, like kitchen supplies and catering supplies, from the industry's leading manufacturers.