Commuter Services Program Manager
- Sep 07, 2017
- Accounting/Finance : Auditor
Responsible for managing the customer service and business development activities and initiatives of the Regional Vanpool and commuter services program on behalf of METRO and regional partners with emphasis on ridership development and customer satisfaction. Oversee planning, implementation and evaluation of marketing, communications and outreach for METRO Star and affiliated services. Coordinates METRO Star activities with other METRO services and regional partners. Performs duties in a safe, efficient manner and in compliance with all applicable rules and safety procedures.
- Provides primary managerial direction and performs personnel administrative functions of direct report staff (e.g. training, supervising, work assignments, timesheets, performance evaluations, etc.) for the purpose of maintaining necessary staffing, enhancing productivity of staff and ensuring necessary department outcomes are achieved.
- Responsible for development and implementation of customer service and business development activities to expand METRO Star and affiliated commuter service in the Houston-Galveston region.
- Develops program and service documentation and procedures to support delivery of quality customer services through the commuter services program.
- Manages program marketing, communications and public relations activities, including coordinating with other METRO departments, partners and customer organizations. Incorporates advertising, promotions, social media, public engagement activities, incentives, educational campaigns, training initiatives, information materials, research and other initiatives in promoting commuter services.
- Responsible for developing and coordinating outreach activities to build awareness, support customer engagement and cultivate advocacy on behalf of METRO Star and other commuter services programs.
- Coordinates the integration of METRO Star with other METRO services, regional partners and complementary programs.
- Assists in the development and delivery of education and training initiatives for METRO Star customers, staff, and other stakeholders.
- Performs evaluations of program methodologies and materials, investigates best practices, and implements improvement programs for commuter services and other transportation programs.
- Assists the director in monitoring and managing staff activities for commuter services programs.
- Assists with special projects and activities for transportation programs and operations.
- Promotes safety awareness and follows safety procedures in an effort to reduce or eliminate accidents.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Minimum eight (8) years experience in program marketing/communications of public transportation, transportation demand management, or other services. Three (3) years supervisory/management experience.
Strong interpersonal/human relations skills. Excellent written and verbal communications skills. Strong planning and organizational skills. Familiar with Houston-Galveston area transportation alternatives and employer community. Knowledge of marketing, communications, customer service and sales strategies. Working knowledge of office productivity and communications applications and social media.
Further, employees who perform safety-sensitive functions will submit to drug and/or alcohol testing in accordance to the Department of Transportation (DOT) and the Federal Transit Administration (FTA) regulatory requirements.
We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, veteran status, genetic information or disability.