Licensed Maintenance Mechanic (Plumber)
- Sep 07, 2017
- Construction : General Construction
Installs, repairs, troubleshoots, and performs alterations to all plumbing systems, equipment, fixtures and controls at all METRO facilities andproperties.Perform General Maintenance to all systems within Facilities Maintenance. Performs duties in a safe, efficient manner and in compliance with all applicable rules and safetyprocedures.
- Required to perform installations, repairs, trouble shooting, and alterations to all plumbing, heating process, piping, sprinkler and stand pipe systems, production equipment, pumps and back flow devices.
- Reads and interprets plumbing and piping prints, schematics and diagrams.
- Completes and submits material and equipment requirements.
- Cleans, maintains, and services sanitary and storm system sumps, drains, waste lines, lift stations and waste treatment plants.
- Performs preventive maintenance on assigned equipment.
- Utilizes pressure testing equipment, gauges, thermometers and other instruments.
- Able to solder, braze, weld, cut, and thread all types of piping and tubing.
- Notifies supervisor of malfunctioning equipment.
- Assists other trades and moves equipment as required.
- Maintains inventory of plumbing supplies and equipment.
- Must be available for emergencies, required overtime, varied work schedules and shifts.
- Cleans assigned areas and equipment.
- Promotes safety awareness and follows safety procedures in an effort to reduce or eliminate accidents.
- Performs other duties as required.
High school diploma or equivalent. Minimum of five (5) years experience as a Plumber.
An equivalent combination of related education and experience may be substituted for the above stated minimums excluding High School Diploma, GED, Licenses, or Certifications.
Valid State of Texas Drivers License. Valid State of Texas Journeyman Plumber License. Good working knowledge of plumbing codes. Able to complete/fill-out written reports, records and forms. Able to maintain and/or obtain additional licensing or certifications as required.
A Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) check is required prior to the placement of any individual in a position that requires the operation of a METRO revenue or non-revenue vehicle on behalf of METRO:
The Disqualifying Criteria is as follows:
- Invalid, suspended, or revoked driver's license
- Conviction of driving under the influence (DUI) or driving while intoxicated (DWI) within the preceding three (3) years
- 2 or more DUI or DWI convictions with no time limit.
- Any accumulation of suspensions of over 1 year in length within the last 3 years
The Metropolitan Transit Authority of Harris County, Texas has a zero tolerance drug and alcohol policy for all employees. All internal and external applicants will be required to undergo drug testing before employment and will be subject to further drug and/or alcohol testing throughout their employment.
Further, employees who perform safety-sensitive functions will submit to drug and/or alcohol testing in accordance to the Department of Transportation (DOT) and the Federal Transit Administration (FTA) regulatory requirements.We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, veteran status, genetic information or disability.