- Sep 07, 2017
- Restaurant : Server/Waitstaff
Delaware North/Denver Intl Airport is hiring for a Cocktail Server job in Denver,CO
Serves food and beverage items to guests in accordance with the Company’s GuestPath Universal Service Standards and applicable Operational Standards.
- Greets guests at table and supplies guests with menus if necessary
- Communicates daily specials, answers questions about menu items, and takes beverage and/or food orders
- Serves alcoholic beverages responsibly, requests identification, adheres to all unit and company alcohol service policies and procedures.
- Enters orders into point-of-sale system so that kitchen staff can prepare food.
- Picks up drinks and food when orders are ready and delivers orders to guests.
- Observes and follows-up with guests to respond if they require additional service.
- Prepares and delivers check to guests at table.
- Accepts and processes payment or directs customer to cashier.
- Performs opening, closing, and side work duties as assigned.
- Cleans table and prepares it for next guests
- Makes suggestions to management to improve service, or change menus
- Trains others on job duties and company procedures
Education & Experience:
- Previous experience as a server, or similar guest service position strongly preferred.
- Previous experience with a point-of-sale system in service or hospitality environment preferred
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent guest service skills; ability to adhere to Company’s GuestPath Universal Service Standards
- Ability to complete required pre-employment sanitation and alcohol service training
- Ability to work quickly and efficiently in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work under pressure and handle multiple table assignments at one time
- Possess basic knowledge of standard drink recipes and alcohol brand names.
- Ability to operate point-of-sale system to enter orders and prepare checks.
- Basic math skills; ability to accurately total guest checks and count change.
- Strong communication skills, including listening skills and ability to take food and beverage orders and fill those orders correctly.
- Constant standing, walking, bending, reaching and repetitive motions.
- Ability to maneuver between tables and around corners.
- Ability to lift, balance and move large food trays, weighing up to 35 lbs.
- Visual acuity and hearing sufficient to take orders and prepare bills.
- Ability to stand or walk for entire length of shift; may include walking up and down stairs
- Good mobility to maneuver between tables to deliver food to customers.
Environmental Working Conditions:
- Variable temperatures – required to move between hot, noisy conditions of kitchen and climate-controlled dining environment
- Noise level may be moderate to high during busy times
Click the "Apply Now" button to complete an online application now!
Delaware North is an Equal Opportunity Employer.