Bulk Truck Loader
- Summit Argo,IL
- Sep 07, 2017
- Manufacturing : General Manufacturing
Owens Corning is hiring for a Bulk Truck Loader job in Summit Argo,IL
Shift: 12a - 8a, 8a-4p, and 4p to 12a
- Competitive Wages
- Paid Holidays and Vacation
- 401l with a strong Company match
- Health and Dental
- Incentive Program
Bulk Truck Loader position Summary
Develops skills and knowledge of the Bulk Truck Loader classification. Participates in formal and informal training situations related to the Bulk Truck Loader classification. Performs work of the Bulk Truck Loader classification independently to the extent of developed skills.
Bulk Truck Loader position Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs work of the Bulk Truck Loader classification to the extent of developed skills.
- Fulfills requirements of the department programs to the degree required of the Bulk Truck Loader classification.
- Participates in the safety and good housekeeping programs as established within the plant.
- Performs other related duties consistent with the nature of the job as directed by the supervisors/management.
- Responsible for knowledge and ability to perform work for plant blending operations.
- Work closely with operators and maintenance in troubleshooting process problems.
- Tank Gauging knowledge and ability.
- Know and follow all plant environmental control policies and procedures.
- Meet team expectation such as reliability, teamwork, and process improvement. Maintain and improve productivity, quality, and safety.
- Safely operate all associated equipment.
- Responsible for Knowledgeable of all Fire Watch duties and the ability to perform as Fire Watch.
- Load/Unload Asphalt Trucks and Unload Rail Cars at all loading racks and unloading area’s in the plant.
- Responsible for replacing plant chart recorder charts.
- Responsible for knowledge of asphalt tank to tank transfers
- Responsible for Asphalt Barge unloading.
Bulk Truck Loader position SKILLS AND ABILITIES
The employee should hold the following abilities:
- Able to think under pressure and make quick decisions
- Ability to work well in a team or alone
- Must have good attention to detail
- Must be able to learn the responsibilities of the position
Bulk Truck Loader position COMPUTER AND SOFTWARE COMPENTENCIES
The employee must be able to:
- Logging into and navigate company intranet to access for paycheck/benefits enrollment information
- Logging into and navigate Learning Management System and accomplish required online training routinely
- Basic Computer Skills
- Chart Recorder chart replacement procedure.
Bulk Truck Loader position EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
The employee should have the following:
- High School Diploma or GED equivalency
- Operations Knowledge in all the following areas (not all inclusive): Truck Loading/Unloading, Railcar Unloading, Barge Unloading.
To apply for the position of Bulk Truck Loader, click on the apply button.
If you have questions, email Janet. Treder@owenscorning.com or call us toll free: 1-844-202-2446
About Owens Corning
Owens Corning (NYSE: OC) develops, manufactures and markets insulation, roofing, and fiberglass composites. Global in scope and human in scale, the company’s market-leading businesses use their deep expertise in materials, manufacturing and building science to develop products and systems that save energy and improve comfort in commercial and residential buildings. Through its glass reinforcements business, the company makes thousands of products lighter, stronger and more durable. Ultimately, Owens Corning people and products make the world a better place. Based in Toledo, Ohio, Owens Corning posted 2016 sales of $5.7 billion and employs about 17,000 people in 33 countries. It has been a Fortune 500® company for 63 consecutive years.
A career at Owens Corning offers the ability to enhance your expertise and achieve your personal and professional aspirations. Through it all, we’ll empower you with an environment that encourages open communication and big ideas, competitive pay for your performance, comprehensive benefits, and more opportunities to make your impact.
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. on a permanent basis.
Owens Corning is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability.